All reviewsperfect placemosquito nethighly recommend this placesoniadormhammocksswingaccommodationindiayogahomestaysolotherapiessoulcliffsretreat
Reviewed 25 November 2014 via mobile

Shiva Garden in Varkala was my first stop this time in India, and I stayed there for almost two weeks. I absolutly loved the place. I came alone and the staff took good care of me.

Every morning I had yoga classes with Sonia. I'm a beginner in yoga and she has really inspired me to continue. After two hours class of meditation, pranayama ang yoga with her, I was always happy and peaceful rest of the day.

The rooms are clean and cheap, food is really good and all the staff are lovely. You meet other travellers here and you will definetly have a good time! I know I did.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank mirandakarelind
Reviewed 14 November 2014

Stayed here with four children in march this year. We had spent about half a day looking around for the right place to stay, knowing little about Varkala. When we stumbled upon this place we knew we'd found it. We didn't take advantage of much of what this place has to offer- yoga and the like but it was a beautiful and relaxing place to stay with lovely, helpful hosts. The woman who runs the place even got up at 5:30 to give us breakfast before we left as the kitchen didn't open until later! There's s great tame of accommodation. We stayed in an apartment/ bungalow but of we hadn't been with the kids might well have stayed under the stars on the roof. Half the time we just hung out at the hostel.

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank simongroom
Reviewed 10 November 2014

Really helpful staff. Lovely garden full of puppies and hammocks! Great breakfasts as well. Clean rooms with towels and complimentary soap and loo roll, even in the cheap rooms. I enjoyed staying here - thank you very much.

• Stayed: November 2014
3  Thank Hannah G
Reviewed 14 October 2014

I was visiting Varkala during off season, rainy season, so there where not many people staying at the home stay. Nevertheless the owners very nice, very hospitable and very open to a conversation! In season this place must be buzzing with good vibes! Accommodation was simple but quite clean for Indian standards.

Solo traveler, August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank anarod2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very nice hostel on a big garden: cool and friendly atmosphere with hamacs and big chairs in the shadow of big trees. Prices are very low, especially if you take a bad in the orginal dormitory (only 200 INR per night). Beaches are not so far (possible to access after 5 min of walk).
Free wifi available but very low.

Very young and international atmosphere. So if you want to meet young peoples from around the world, it will be the perfect place. If you want to meet only local people, it's perhaps not the best solution but you won't regret the stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo