Really relaxed spot.
There is a sort of courtyard in the middle of the premises, we're they've build a roofed place with comfortable cushions and low tables, with nice lighting. Good speakers, nice mellow (Indian) music.
Besides plenty of hammocks, they also have a massive swing, attached to two palmtrees...
The guys running the place are nice and relaxed and the rooms are clean.
I went out for a couple of days on a motorbike in the countryside and it was OK to leave my things there, they looked after them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SHIVA GARDEN is one among the most reputed home stays in Varkala. Perched near a majestic red cliff overlooking the Arabian Sea, this charming home stay offers many warm hospitable services as well as a fantastic garden view. Here we have a magnificent garden growing many famous Ayurvedic plants and trees, surrounding the resort. Guests are only minutes away from the famous 2000 years old Janardhana Swamy Temple, Kappil beach and Angengo Fort built by the British East India company in the 17th century. Shiva Garden is the perfect base for leisure and you may never forget this in your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ClearTrip and Agoda so you can book your Shiva Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shiva Garden Hotel Varkala
- Shiva Garden Varkala, Kerala