All reviewsperfect placemosquito nethighly recommend this placesoniadormhammocksswingaccommodationindiayogahomestaysolotherapiessoulcliffsretreat
Reviewed 19 January 2014

i will suggest any of you with out any doubt because it's good place for all budget travellers.good value for money.
nice staff ,good atmosphere with an excellent courtyard.
Afzal was so helpful during our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank matrix533
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Inside the courtyard is a wonderful refuge for travelers. Guests gather in the communal hut to enjoy delicious simple food and free wifi. There is a play area for children and sports enthusiasts offering basketball and badminton. The highlight of the place is the manager Afzal who warmly and enthusiastically takes wonderful care of all the guests giving each his personal attention. We felt so taken care of. It was a nice relaxing casual atmosphere in which to escape the busy beach and tourist strip on the top of the cliff.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ladykanawa
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Casual friendly atmosphere make this place a delight! Great food served in communal eating area. Try the Chapati and Dahl. Wonderful place to hang out and meet other travellers. Simple and basic but the best.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 424robm
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I came back to shiva garden for the third time this season. what can I say? it is my soul place in india. I go there when I want to connect with myself and meet my "shiva garden family" - that is a group of people who return every year and the owners, jaian, sonia and their family.
shiva garden is a place about the inner. about a certain vibration, a feeling, a meta theme of healing and wonder and well being.
it is about the smiles you exchange with the people you meet when you go get a chai. it is about the hugs you give and receive. the jokes you make, the laughs you create, the feeling you can allow yourself to relax and just be, in the now.
it is jayans smiley "good morning" when he asks you if you want your chai as usual. it is the caress sonia gives you passing by, with her beautiful daughter divia on her arm, who is such a radiant being, opening everybodies heart. it is the peace you feel when you're "hammocking" with your friends, listening to the palm leaves bristle. it is the talks you come to pass unexpectedly which lead you to a better understanding. it is the small and big miracles that happen when you are there.
shiva garden is about belonging and realness and love. this is why I go back every now and then, to sense this freedom and bliss and to remind myself that all is well.

Room Tip: the big house. "my" room 107.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank marianna7
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Wow, what a place is this. I would have never left this place. Even though I stayed here for very less time but the memories are deep rooted. Probably I can say the best place to be in varkala.
Special thanks ato Jayan and sonia. These guys are doing amazingly good to keep thier guest happily at thier stay.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. More over you might never stay at the rooms since they have such a lovely garden area between the coconut trees.

I am just awaiting for my next Kerla trip and I would definetely stay here for a week.

Room Tip: Previously I opted for a tree hut thinking it would be a fancy stay but not an option for couples as they dont have attached bathrooms are other facility with tree hut. Best would be going for a standard room or apartment.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple