“my soul place.”

and 1 more site!
Shiva Garden
Ranked #12 of 103 Varkala B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I came back to shiva garden for the third time this season. what can I say? it is my soul place in india. I go there when I want to connect with myself and meet my "shiva garden family" - that is a group of people who return every year and the owners, jaian, sonia and their family.
shiva garden is a place about the inner. about a certain vibration, a feeling, a meta theme of healing and wonder and well being.
it is about the smiles you exchange with the people you meet when you go get a chai. it is about the hugs you give and receive. the jokes you make, the laughs you create, the feeling you can allow yourself to relax and just be, in the now.
it is jayans smiley "good morning" when he asks you if you want your chai as usual. it is the caress sonia gives you passing by, with her beautiful daughter divia on her arm, who is such a radiant being, opening everybodies heart. it is the peace you feel when you're "hammocking" with your friends, listening to the palm leaves bristle. it is the talks you come to pass unexpectedly which lead you to a better understanding. it is the small and big miracles that happen when you are there.
shiva garden is about belonging and realness and love. this is why I go back every now and then, to sense this freedom and bliss and to remind myself that all is well.

Room Tip: the big house. "my" room 107.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank marianna7

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Wow, what a place is this. I would have never left this place. Even though I stayed here for very less time but the memories are deep rooted. Probably I can say the best place to be in varkala.
Special thanks ato Jayan and sonia. These guys are doing amazingly good to keep thier guest happily at thier stay.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. More over you might never stay at the rooms since they have such a lovely garden area between the coconut trees.

I am just awaiting for my next Kerla trip and I would definetely stay here for a week.

Room Tip: Previously I opted for a tree hut thinking it would be a fancy stay but not an option for couples as...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shiv_Fun
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Wow wow WOW!!
What can I say, I absolutely love this place..
Full to the brim of good vibes.
You come, and you never want to leave.
The traditional keralan breakfast is amazing, among the other food choices.
Set out in between a garden of coconut palms, banana trees and papaya...this place is paradise.
Jayan and Sonia have done really well to make this a beautiful family homely vibe, with little baby Divya adventurously walking around and a pet dog, among the beautiful people you meet here. It is hard to not have your heart stolen.
Also I really enjoyed Sonia's morning yoga classes. Her teaching approach is so caring and warming.

Like many, I stayed longer then intended.
Highly recommend to anybody visiting Varkala.
You join a ever growing family here.
Looking forward to returning :).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ricky v
Reviewed 6 January 2014

In fact we only visited Shiva Garden for dinner (as recommended by locals) that resulted to be one of the best ,and most original meals we had in Kerala. Therefore, I would like to take the opportunity and recommend the restaurant of the place. Fresh and traditionally homemade food served in their very peaceful garden.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Athanasia B
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The moment I entered Shiva Garden, everything felt so peaceful and relaxed. I had planned to stay just a few days, but ended up staying almost a month. I loved the big garden, with its coconut trees, banana trees, hammocks, swings and tree huts. Every morning I started my day with yoga. I really liked Sonia's way of teaching and her guided meditations. Also an astrology / numerology session with her gave me a lot of insights. Varkala is a perfect place to find the balance between self development, relaxation and social time. Almost everybody who ends up at Shiva Garden, stays much longer than they originally intended. Therefore you really get to know each other and it's so nice to spend time together. Varkala, and especially Shiva Garden, is a place which is pretty difficult to leave...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo