All reviews the owner basket ball the cliff perfect place home away from home dining table laid back double bed mosquito net highly recommend this place other guests off season sonia hammocks dorm chill volleyball
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Wow wow WOW!!
What can I say, I absolutely love this place..
Full to the brim of good vibes.
You come, and you never want to leave.
The traditional keralan breakfast is amazing, among the other food choices.
Set out in between a garden of coconut palms, banana trees and papaya...this place is paradise.
Jayan and Sonia have done really well to make this a beautiful family homely vibe, with little baby Divya adventurously walking around and a pet dog, among the beautiful people you meet here. It is hard to not have your heart stolen.
Also I really enjoyed Sonia's morning yoga classes. Her teaching approach is so caring and warming.

Like many, I stayed longer then intended.
Highly recommend to anybody visiting Varkala.
You join a ever growing family here.
Looking forward to returning :).

Date of stay: December 2013
2  Thank Ricky v
Reviewed 6 January 2014

In fact we only visited Shiva Garden for dinner (as recommended by locals) that resulted to be one of the best ,and most original meals we had in Kerala. Therefore, I would like to take the opportunity and recommend the restaurant of the place. Fresh and traditionally homemade food served in their very peaceful garden.

Date of stay: December 2013
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Athanasia B
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The moment I entered Shiva Garden, everything felt so peaceful and relaxed. I had planned to stay just a few days, but ended up staying almost a month. I loved the big garden, with its coconut trees, banana trees, hammocks, swings and tree huts. Every morning I started my day with yoga. I really liked Sonia's way of teaching and her guided meditations. Also an astrology / numerology session with her gave me a lot of insights. Varkala is a perfect place to find the balance between self development, relaxation and social time. Almost everybody who ends up at Shiva Garden, stays much longer than they originally intended. Therefore you really get to know each other and it's so nice to spend time together. Varkala, and especially Shiva Garden, is a place which is pretty difficult to leave...

Date of stay: November 2013
2  Thank Marjolijn1983
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Shiva garden
He stayed for 5 days in one of the very confortable appartements around a very big and shady garden with a big commun table and many simple rooms is a perfect place to meet travelers and to rest in the hamacas looking at the huge coconut trees. The good ambience given by the staff, the soft music, the many guests and the host , Jayan and Sonia.
Sonia offers very good and personalised yoga classes in a nice space on the roof, in three days i could really fell my progress . She was also an excellent hollistic psicho therapist for me. Jayan was always ready to help and give us good advices. The staff was always ready play with our two sons, of 11 and 2 years old boys. Our baby had a lot of fun playing with Divian, the host´s baby who shared all her toys durind our stay. The wifi worked perfectly and there was good books to read and exchange. Food given is delicious!
best regards Sonia and Jayan
Bea

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2013

First Indian stop: Shiva Garden, Varkala. Amazing enviroment, nice people and good time. Seems to be in a hostel where you meet a lot of amazing people... Plus a really good Kitchen there! The only thing.. Be carefull to check prices before ...sometimes you can find "present" in your bill...

Date of stay: October 2013