All reviews perfect place mosquito net highly recommend this place sonia dorm india yoga homestay therapies soul retreat
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Shiva garden
He stayed for 5 days in one of the very confortable appartements around a very big and shady garden with a big commun table and many simple rooms is a perfect place to meet travelers and to rest in the hamacas looking at the huge coconut trees. The good ambience given by the staff, the soft music, the many guests and the host , Jayan and Sonia.
Sonia offers very good and personalised yoga classes in a nice space on the roof, in three days i could really fell my progress . She was also an excellent hollistic psicho therapist for me. Jayan was always ready to help and give us good advices. The staff was always ready play with our two sons, of 11 and 2 years old boys. Our baby had a lot of fun playing with Divian, the host´s baby who shared all her toys durind our stay. The wifi worked perfectly and there was good books to read and exchange. Food given is delicious!
best regards Sonia and Jayan
Bea

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2013

First Indian stop: Shiva Garden, Varkala. Amazing enviroment, nice people and good time. Seems to be in a hostel where you meet a lot of amazing people... Plus a really good Kitchen there! The only thing.. Be carefull to check prices before ...sometimes you can find "present" in your bill...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have stayed at Shiva Garden for just over 3 months. It is easy to get stuck in Varkala but somewhere like Shiva Garden makes you want to stay forever. It is a haven of peace and the owners have created a real family atmosphere for backpackers travelling alone or in groups. I came here with a friend but decided to stay on when he returned home. The yoga classes in the morning are brilliant - I was a complete beginner, couldn't even touch my toes and now I'm almost at advanced level. The yoga yeacher also offers massages, reiki and life coaching of which I've tried all three and they were really therapeutic, I'm very glad I did them. The rooms are great and clean and the communal area is brilliant and a great place to hang out with other backpackers. Shiva Garden is my home in India and I'm already planning my next trip back

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Shiva is run by friendly helpful staff. They have a loverly communal area which is very relaxed and has wifi if there is electricity! Stayed in a private double room which was great. My only issue was walking back from the cliff at night meant walking through a dark alley. It was safe but I wouldn't want to do it alone.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Cpen17
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Shiva garden is a good place when you are going for Ayurveda treatment and swimming in the sea or take yoga.
Our room is clean, simple no a/c but nice to stay
People are friendly here. Food is good.
If you like to take Ayurveda treatment then I recommend Siddhi Ayurveda.
They are very good, normale prices and Allways good oil. That is what you can expect, the doctor there is also interested and follow you every day of the treatment.

Stayed: November 2013