All reviews perfect place mosquito net highly recommend this place sonia dorm india yoga homestay therapies soul retreat
Reviewed 13 December 2013

First Indian stop: Shiva Garden, Varkala. Amazing enviroment, nice people and good time. Seems to be in a hostel where you meet a lot of amazing people... Plus a really good Kitchen there! The only thing.. Be carefull to check prices before ...sometimes you can find "present" in your bill...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have stayed at Shiva Garden for just over 3 months. It is easy to get stuck in Varkala but somewhere like Shiva Garden makes you want to stay forever. It is a haven of peace and the owners have created a real family atmosphere for backpackers travelling alone or in groups. I came here with a friend but decided to stay on when he returned home. The yoga classes in the morning are brilliant - I was a complete beginner, couldn't even touch my toes and now I'm almost at advanced level. The yoga yeacher also offers massages, reiki and life coaching of which I've tried all three and they were really therapeutic, I'm very glad I did them. The rooms are great and clean and the communal area is brilliant and a great place to hang out with other backpackers. Shiva Garden is my home in India and I'm already planning my next trip back

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Shiva is run by friendly helpful staff. They have a loverly communal area which is very relaxed and has wifi if there is electricity! Stayed in a private double room which was great. My only issue was walking back from the cliff at night meant walking through a dark alley. It was safe but I wouldn't want to do it alone.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Cpen17
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Shiva garden is a good place when you are going for Ayurveda treatment and swimming in the sea or take yoga.
Our room is clean, simple no a/c but nice to stay
People are friendly here. Food is good.
If you like to take Ayurveda treatment then I recommend Siddhi Ayurveda.
They are very good, normale prices and Allways good oil. That is what you can expect, the doctor there is also interested and follow you every day of the treatment.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank mrgkemme
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Really glad we found this place, really relaxed vibe. Good food, great service, Jayan and Lijur were really helpful arranging trips, transport and stays at other homestays as well. Lots of the other guests were friendly too. Great value, would love to go back for longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple