“My best guest house in India !” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Shiva Garden
Ranked #19 of 95 Varkala B&B and Inns
Montpellier, France
“My best guest house in India !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Undoubtedly the most friendly guest house that I made in India.
The whole team is adorable. The rooms are clean and tidy.
And the best of the best is the kitchen staff.
For me the best chefs in India.
We had to spend two days ... we stayed there five days so the atmosphere is pleasant.
They also offer trips in the backwaters and yoga classes. A superb address.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Marie F
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Łódź, Lodz, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed in Shiva Garden only one night because I was rushing but when I got there I regreted I didn't have more time. The rooms I saw were ok, no stunning views on the ground floor but all I needed was there and I could use the internet in the reception. This place's strong advantage is its atmosphere. Chilling in the open-air restaurant in the evening was a sheer pleasure and spontaneous freestyle singing by the owner accompanied by drums was a nice surprise. He was doing pretty well... People running the place are really nice and helpfull. I fully recommend.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor next to the main gate... next time I'll definitely choose first flo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank VagabondVrba
Paonia, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We spent two nights at Shiva Garden, spent 600/night on a basic but good room. The real draw is the "garden," an outdoor area with tables and a lounge area and hammocks. The staff were friendly, and the kitchen served good breakfasts. The place seems to attract the backpacker type, at least there was a whole friendly crowd of them while we were there. Make sure the fan in your room works before checking in, or it will be a hot night. Screened windows would be nice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Ben D
Trivandrum, Kerala, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

After a long week of work I arrived at Shiva Garden on Friday night. I was actually planing to come the weekend before, but couldn't make it and it was no problem at all to just postpone my booking. I also spontanously braught 3 friends along and that also was easy going. They even picked us up from the train station for free and when I entered Shiva Garden's door I felt like walking into paradise. Everything is so green, there heaps of hammocks, a giant swing and a big chill area to just stay and not leave ever again =) everybody was sooo nice and welcoming and I met so many cool backpackers. So it's a perfect place to get in touch. I stayed at the dorm up on the roof, with the sky as a blanket and beautiful sonia's yoga class to wake up to. If you want something simple, but creative and with a wonderful spirit to it...Shiva Garden is your place! I will definetly have it as my treat after my working weeks =)

Room Tip: If you are happy with a mattress and don't need all the fancy tourist luxury, go for the dorm...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Luise F
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Best place we stayed during 4 weeks in India. Rs800 a night. Clean. Friendly staff. Great location, 3 mins from North Cliff.

• Stayed March 2012