“for the price this is a gem of a value property”

Classic Sarovar Portico
Ranked #11 of 97 Hotels in Trivandrum
Reviewed 21 January 2012

the only flip side of the hotel is its location in one of the small lanes in thampanoor called manjalikulam road. but for that this is one solid value for the price they charge. they have a rooftop swimming pool, goo buffet breakfast spread, fitness center, really good room, on call options like iron box, hair dryver and tea/coffee maker etc. make it truly good. only issue is the wi-fi which simply did not work across my stay somehow. except for that absolutely nothing wrong about the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Very average rooms, poor service. Only respite was that we paid only 1500 inr for our delux room, thanks to Agoda. For that price, this is a nice place. But then again, only for that price - which in our case was a heavily discounted price.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights. The first two were booked thru' makemytrip. I got a good price and the experience was ok.
The check in is fast, the room at the first glance is good. The amenities provided on the first evening were good.
But the difficuties started the next day onwards. I am sure the washrooom was not cleaned - only the towels were replaced. The light bulb over the chair and table has a switch somewhere which was not traceable even to the bell boy.
The complimentary fruit dish was only on day of arrival.
The gym for some reason is closed at 7pm. How can a person who attends office/works return back by 7pm? So, in a way, it is not useful.
The break fast is the same everyday and it is also not exciting or enticing. The dosas/utappas are not served hot. The toaster concked off, so even simple bread toast was not available. The Pineapple juice though was very fresh and nice.

The worst experience was the 3rd evening. It took any where between 40-60 minutes to bring the menu card, the drink and the dinner. Apparently the br is not functional or ready yet. The prices of alcohol are very high. Serving ice cubes takes an hour. The food quality is okayish. All this puts you off especially after a hard day's work.

I am sure there should be better options available in Trivandrum at the price paid here. I dont think I will go back to this place and I am likely to be in Trivandrum almost every month! Need to find a good place -may be next time I will be lucky.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I am surprised that this is listed as a fours star hotel. It should have 2.5 stars or 3 at the very best but DEFINITELY NOT 4 stars! The rooms were clean + comfortable and the location is very good (five minute walk to the central railway station. The entire hotel's security (room lock/key system) was down for my entire stay and so, every time I had to get into my room, the hotel had to send someone with the master key to unlock my door.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I am writing my first review ever, never though of writing ever. THis is very nice hotel I used to stay here every time I would go to Trivandrum. But this time it was terribe, none of the key was working; you have to come down every time if you are out of your room. Service desk was no where close to as use to be. Just by having swiming pool you can not write 4 Star property.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
CLASSICAVENUEHOTEL, Director of Sales at Classic Sarovar Portico, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for notifying us of your complaint. We strive to provide you with the best possible service but unfortunately it failed to meet your expectation.

We are sorry that you received service that prompted you to inform that you did not meet expectation, and we regret for all the inconvenience and frustration that you had experienced.Our engineering department has notified and rectified the Key problem which occurred during your stay with us and we really apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you will continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.

Manager