“a comfortable n good stay”
Review of Orion Beach Resort

Orion Beach Resort
Ranked #37 of 97 Hotels in Trivandrum
Reviewed 30 January 2010

we had a wonderful experience in this sea facing resort. reasonable rates and very good n prompt service of the staff. the owner n staff 're polite and genuine. strongly recommended for good hospitality. will give it 9/10.

good job orion. n thanks for looking after us.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank hunter89
Georgeorion, Owner at Orion Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Thank you sir, we are happy to hear that we made your trip memorable in Kovalam with the accommodation. we expect to see you in the coming years

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Orion Beach Resort

Reviewed 7 December 2009

I had paid advance of Rs. 3000 almost 3 months prior to my stay and my reservation was also confirmed by the hotel owner Mr George Joseph.
However, on arrival with my family members I was told that no rooms were available. They had my contact number and email but did not even bother to inform me beforehand. They did not even bother to apologise.
My advise to fellow travellers is to consider carefully before making reservations with this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank nabarunghosh
georgejoseph, owner at Orion Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2009

It happens to be that the guest which came there had booked three rooms and we were able to offer them two rooms. The hotel was fully occupied and one of the guest who had to check out couldn't check out due to illness. So we offered them the two rooms and told them that we would arrange the third room in our near hotel.They didnt agree to the offer and told that they want the three rooms in one place. So we arranged there accomadation of three rooms in an other place in our cost as it was our fault. These things were done for them because we were really sorry for them and we could't keep our word due to the illness of the guest

Reviewed 6 October 2009

My whife and me ware planning for this November our ~ 12th trip to Kovalam and we always spent our time at the Orion. The family atmosphere is unbeaten and we appreciate the friendship of the owners. They are more than care taking. They offer rooms in the "old" wing of the hotel (all rooms facing the sea) at modest rates and the new rooms are equiped with air condition. So for us it is a holiday destination where we love to go to. At night it is a quiet place provided that you like the sound of the waves.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SagIchNicht

Reviewed 2 October 2009

I stayed at the Orion Hotel in January 2009 for three weeks, then went off travelling and came back in March 2009 for another three weeks. Personally I loved my time at the Orion. Mrs Leelamma and her son George were fabulous to me and as I was there alone, they both always made sure I was ok. Mrs Leelamma also went out and purchased fresh coffee for me to have every morning as she knew I hated the Nescafe coffee that is served everywhere !!

I had one of the cheap basic rooms on the lower level. It was clean, though very basic. The view from the terrace outside my room was one of the best on the beach and I used to love to sit there and peoplewatch or write. The rooms on the upper levels are amazing and modern, though were out of my budget unfortunately.

I also ate at the Orion many many times and the food was always perfect.

I highly recommend The Orion hotel. I found the owners and staff to be very friendly, trustworthy and a delight to sit and chat too.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank jjhoneyz

Reviewed 24 April 2009

Orion beach resort was recommended to me by one of the friend, who happens to be friend of owner's son. So relation was close and we were assured of good services and great time. Owner son asked Mr X (let us not name him) at the reception to take care of our needs, 1 month before our planned visit. The approach road to the hotel is bit awkward but was okay. The hotel faces see and beach, actually it is on the beach. Mr X was there to greet us and show the room. We again confirmed that we will need AC, four beds in Large room (2 Adults and 2 children) & the room rates. As usual, the room had AC but it has central switch off function from Reception. On request, it was started but remote was not alloted. There were multiple small issues about which we did not bother, like using a beach chair in a beach resort will be charged extra. Food was good and was prepared in front of us, though kitchen was not very tidy.

Big surprise came at the time of checkout. The owner lady was sitting there and she charged 25% extra to us. We pointed out that this was not what we agreed. The owner lady said, all the time we were talking to her son and Mr X at reception, why we did not ask her. Her son and Mr X are not owner, and she will charge what she feels okay.

I learned a lesson that every time you go to hotel, do not talk to reception but talk to OWNER!!!! Such a big and foolish argument.

We had two choices, either to accept the amount claimed by her or miss our train. We almost lost in both the fronts. We paid higher amount, had to pay for return taxi ( as she refused to pay for free transfer and we had to catch our train (in motion).

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank drdeepakgoyal

This is a beach resort, but we are not allowed to have beach chairs and umberllas on the beach by the government. You will be getting beach chairs and umberlla for rent in the beach only. The 25 percent is only 15 percent, which is the government luxury tax which we have to pay to the government. This was shown to them on check - in in the Tarriff card. We usually give free pick up to the guest who stays for more than one week which is mentioned in the website. As this guest stayed for only two days we weren't able to offer this to them.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trivandrum
12.5 km away
12.9 km away
Trivandrum Hotel
Trivandrum Hotel
#31 of 97 in Trivandrum

Been to Orion Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK