All reviews table tennis mini theatre a lake view room jacuzzi tub company function boat jetty activity room shikara ride back waters peaceful environment beautiful property get together room was spacious five star hotel trivandrum airport a wonderful stay hotel management
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at Lake Palace for the weekend with my friends and it was one of the most relaxing trips I've taken in a long time. Being very particular about the kind of hotel experience I prefer, I was delightfully surprised at how well Lake Palace met all the criteria on my checklist - great food, wonderful views, outdoor activities, a beautiful room with a jacuzzi tub, a well-stocked bar and great staff! Here are my recommendations:
- View- It's a lakefront property so you get to enjoy the unspoilt greenery of Kerala in all its glory. Ask for a lake view room -you'll get to see the sun setting over the lake and it's gorgeous.
- Food - try the chef's special Kandari Fish (steamed fish with a green chilly based paste - they can adjust the spice to your level on request.) The breakfast buffet is good too, with freshly baked Danishes and croissants.
- Outdoor activities - they have a great pool, kayaking, fishing by the lakeside and sprawling lawns to play on - great if you're travelling with kids as well!
- Rooms - the rooms are super clean, well maintained, luxurious yet cosy and the highlight for me was the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.
- Overall feel - this is a great place to go for a weekend getaway, as a couple, with friends or even for families. They even have a mini theatre with recliner seats and can play movies on request. From the friendly staff to the peaceful ambience, Lake Palace lives up to its name. I can't wait to go back there!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
LakePalacehotels, Front Office Manager at Hotel Lake Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Juney thomas,

It is an immense pleasure to know that you had a wonderful experience with us and would like to thank you for taking time out to review us on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted by your words of praise that elevates our standards and underlines our generous approach towards hospitality.

its our immense pleasure to thank you for your kind remarks about our activities like,swimming pool indoor,outdoor activities and you specially mentioned our room and the view from the room. Kanthari fish dish is the specialty of Lake palace with Chef's recipes it will go to the next level . We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the property very well.

We thank you for recognizing our efforts and your comments help in motivating the team to keep the service at par excellence.

It will be our distinct privilege to serve you in near future.

With Best Regards,
Asst Front Office Manager

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Nice, quiet and peaceful place.. Lake view was very refreshing. Rooms are good, clean and well maintained. Free WiFi,Friendly and helping staff,good service and awesome food. Had a fabulous vacation there..

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anu J
LakePalacehotels, Front Office Manager at Hotel Lake Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear guest,Thank you for sharing your feedback pertaining to your recent visit with us. We have taken good note of your feedback.Thank you very much for your kind remarks about our hospitality and service

On behalf of the team,let me thank you once again and we are eagerly waiting to serve you again

Thanks and regards
Asst Frontoffice manager

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Hotel is a relative small property with a beautiful lake facing. Rooms are neat and excellent. Food was also excellent especially the elaborate breakfast spread. Fish preparation may be avoided. Has a good bar and has 4 feet pool.The staff were very courteous. The manager personally enquired about our rooms. Has a pool side dining area also. It has a boat jetty and we spent a lot of time there,enjoying the backwater. Advise is to select the lake view rooms. The other type of rooms face the neighbouring property which is very close by.

Room Tip: Select the lake view rooms. The other rooms are very close to the neighbouring homes and we get a feel of lack of privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Mr.John prakash,

It is a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful experience with us and would like to thank you for taking time out to review us on Trip Advisor.

its my immense pleasure to thank you for your kind remarks about our activities like,swimming pool side dining and scenery from your room.we are very happy to hear you enjoyed the property very well

It will be our distinct privilege to serve you in near future.

With Best Regards,
Asst Front Office Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2018

I stayed here with my husband for a weekend and we can't stop talking about it. the Rooms and spacious and well-lit at night. The property is well maintained. All the staff members welcomes us with a big smile and went out of the way to make us feel comfortable.

Kayaking on the lake was the highlight of the trip. This was the well-deserved break that we wanted. Thank you Hotel Lake Palace. We cant wait to come back there!!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
LakePalacehotels, Front Office Manager at Hotel Lake Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback pertaining to your recent visit with us. We have taken good note of your feedback about the ambiance and staff you had mentioned. Thank you very much for your kind remarks about our activity Kayaking

On behalf of the team, let me thank you once again and we are eagerly waiting to serve you again

thanks and regards
Asst Front office manager

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

My visit was for a short time, when I went for a meeting. I liked the hospitality and the service offered by the team. I will go with my family for a weekend getaway. I shall post a detailed review very soon!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business