“Foreigner focused locals ignored”

Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort
Ranked #17 of 99 Hotels in Trivandrum
Reviewed 20 March 2012

All pricing in euros. Suitable for treatments. Not for other travellers. Unlike the name suggests it does not have any private beach or at least clean path to beach. You'll have to pass through neighbours backyard. Lake is very dirty. No efforts found to keep it clean. No activities other than massages and treatments.
Disappointed with its rating as no. 1 in trivendrum as per trip advisor.com

• Stayed: March 2012
6  Thank Thisissharath

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Having been born in Kerala but living in the United States for the last 50+ years I came to Beach and Lake with a unique set of expectations. I know the culture of Kerala firsthand and I know what foreign tourists might expect from a travel experience in India. This lovely little oasis provided more than I ever anticipated. The location itself is a slice of heaven with its natural beauty. The facilities are lovely and well maintained. The blend of authentic Kerala mixed with international quality was perfect. The most significant part of my experience however was the care with which I was treated by each and every member of the staff. The credit of course, goes to both the owner and manager who both set the tone for an establishment that caters to your every need almost before you know it. The medical and therapy staff, the culinary and wait staff, the front desk, night watch, cleaning and transportation staff all provided unsurpassed service with warmth and a Kerala smile. I already know what it means to be welcomed home in Kerala and Beach and Lake provided just that.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My review starts before my actual stay, when I had to call and ask the facility about my computer. They kept it simple, were very polite, friendly, and had all the answers. I didn't need to bring anything in addition to what I already had; they had everything I would need. I can't say enough about when I arrived at the airport at 3 am, exhausted from the long flight from the United States with two heavy suitcases, not knowing where I was and wondering if someone from the hotel would be able to find me. And to my surprise, there he was I didn't have to wait at all, he found me, I didn't even have to look for him. To this day, how he found me I really don't know, but he did. Friendly, professional and welcoming, he took care of my bags immediately, and reassured me while safely escorting mwe

The car was really nice, I felt very safe with the driver. Getting to the resort and checked into my room at 3 am went very smoothly. There were several times throughout the stay where I needed to use the car and driver. At all times it was very easy to have the car ready to take me where I needed to go. The driver always made me feel very safe and was full of valuable information.

The other staff was also very welcoming, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The facility was very clean and safe. Going there for rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation, the setting could not have been better.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank maureen d
Reviewed 2 March 2012

From the moment I got my complimentary airport pick up, to the last day when Sunil drove me to my next destination, I was relaxed basking in the safe, loving hands of staff that treated me like a dear family member every time with each and every one of needs taken care of.
At the resort it was one awesome surprise after another. Spotlessly clean, well kept, and yet traditional style grounds, world class gardens and pool, 5 star gourmet Ayurveda meals, and spectacular Ocean and lake views made it all a veritable paradise... truly a home away from home incomparable feeling.
The Ayurveda treatments were excelent. Well trained, skillful and kind therapists , a knowledgeable Doctor that speaks fluent English, and first quality herbal medicines made it the best Ayurveda course I have ever had. I lost pounds of fat right away, my energy levels were high and the Dr. gave me herbal medicines all included in the price, to continue the treatment for a full 3 more months!
This is a wonderful place for health, relaxation, and a safe -shock- free exposure to real Indian culture. I can't wait to come back and bring my family and friends.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESORT WITHOUT ANY HESITATION
Laura Marshall from California.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Beach and Lake Resort is nestled in a small fishing village close to Trivandrum (only 15 min from the airport). I loved it because it is small and has a very authentic feel, the staff is truly wonderful and always making you feel a special guest.
The ayurveduc treatments are fantastic. Rooms are spotless, big and airy, most of them with ocean view. Wonderfully cooked ayurvedic meals are served under coconut trees, with plenty of different dishes, and fresh fruit and juices to choose from. Yoga and meditation classes are offered every morning and taught by a special teacher - Shree Kumar.

Beach and Lake is also unique as it is supporting a charitable project - The Muktananda Ayurvedic Clinic - which give free medical care to their villagers who are too poor to afford medical treatment, the same project aims also at fostering ayurvedic educational programme to help people reclaim their heritage.

Can't say enough praise about Beach and Lake - I had a wonderful stay and already thinking of my next time!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank nicoletta b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trivandrum
8 km away
8.3 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum
Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum
#2 of 99 in Trivandrum

Been to Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK