“Being welcomed Home”

Ranked #17 of 95 Hotels in Trivandrum
Rockville, Maryland
“Being welcomed Home”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Having been born in Kerala but living in the United States for the last 50+ years I came to Beach and Lake with a unique set of expectations. I know the culture of Kerala firsthand and I know what foreign tourists might expect from a travel experience in India. This lovely little oasis provided more than I ever anticipated. The location itself is a slice of heaven with its natural beauty. The facilities are lovely and well maintained. The blend of authentic Kerala mixed with international quality was perfect. The most significant part of my experience however was the care with which I was treated by each and every member of the staff. The credit of course, goes to both the owner and manager who both set the tone for an establishment that caters to your every need almost before you know it. The medical and therapy staff, the culinary and wait staff, the front desk, night watch, cleaning and transportation staff all provided unsurpassed service with warmth and a Kerala smile. I already know what it means to be welcomed home in Kerala and Beach and Lake provided just that.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Greenwich, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My review starts before my actual stay, when I had to call and ask the facility about my computer. They kept it simple, were very polite, friendly, and had all the answers. I didn't need to bring anything in addition to what I already had; they had everything I would need. I can't say enough about when I arrived at the airport at 3 am, exhausted from the long flight from the United States with two heavy suitcases, not knowing where I was and wondering if someone from the hotel would be able to find me. And to my surprise, there he was I didn't have to wait at all, he found me, I didn't even have to look for him. To this day, how he found me I really don't know, but he did. Friendly, professional and welcoming, he took care of my bags immediately, and reassured me while safely escorting mwe

The car was really nice, I felt very safe with the driver. Getting to the resort and checked into my room at 3 am went very smoothly. There were several times throughout the stay where I needed to use the car and driver. At all times it was very easy to have the car ready to take me where I needed to go. The driver always made me feel very safe and was full of valuable information.

The other staff was also very welcoming, knowledgeable, and accommodating. The facility was very clean and safe. Going there for rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation, the setting could not have been better.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank maureen d
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Reviewed 2 March 2012

From the moment I got my complimentary airport pick up, to the last day when Sunil drove me to my next destination, I was relaxed basking in the safe, loving hands of staff that treated me like a dear family member every time with each and every one of needs taken care of.
At the resort it was one awesome surprise after another. Spotlessly clean, well kept, and yet traditional style grounds, world class gardens and pool, 5 star gourmet Ayurveda meals, and spectacular Ocean and lake views made it all a veritable paradise... truly a home away from home incomparable feeling.
The Ayurveda treatments were excelent. Well trained, skillful and kind therapists , a knowledgeable Doctor that speaks fluent English, and first quality herbal medicines made it the best Ayurveda course I have ever had. I lost pounds of fat right away, my energy levels were high and the Dr. gave me herbal medicines all included in the price, to continue the treatment for a full 3 more months!
This is a wonderful place for health, relaxation, and a safe -shock- free exposure to real Indian culture. I can't wait to come back and bring my family and friends.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESORT WITHOUT ANY HESITATION
Laura Marshall from California.

Crail, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Beach and Lake Resort is nestled in a small fishing village close to Trivandrum (only 15 min from the airport). I loved it because it is small and has a very authentic feel, the staff is truly wonderful and always making you feel a special guest.
The ayurveduc treatments are fantastic. Rooms are spotless, big and airy, most of them with ocean view. Wonderfully cooked ayurvedic meals are served under coconut trees, with plenty of different dishes, and fresh fruit and juices to choose from. Yoga and meditation classes are offered every morning and taught by a special teacher - Shree Kumar.

Beach and Lake is also unique as it is supporting a charitable project - The Muktananda Ayurvedic Clinic - which give free medical care to their villagers who are too poor to afford medical treatment, the same project aims also at fostering ayurvedic educational programme to help people reclaim their heritage.

Can't say enough praise about Beach and Lake - I had a wonderful stay and already thinking of my next time!

3 Thank nicoletta b
Aptos, California
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have had incredible trips in the past to wonderful places around the world. Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort is at the top of the list and more ... What makes it so indescribable? The staff and how they all take care of you in ways that even at a 5 start resort I didn't feel as special! Everyone there from the housekeepers, to the boatman to the owner of the resort treats the guests as divine and more than special. The owner and his wife are gentle, humble people who have no issue with waiting on you to make sure your experience is superb! The general manager of the facility was at the dining facility or available all day to make sure that your experience was perfect. The Ayurvedic Doctor who met daily with the clients at the resort checked in to make sure the services being received were appropriate and that each person was being well cared for. The Ayurvedic therapists were amazing in their skill, and kindness. There are not enough adjectives to describe how special and unique the whole experience was from being taken across the river by boat by gentle boatmen, to being fed delicious ayurvedic food, to having special requests for lunch on a tour, being guided to the best shopping and having rooms cleaned with such care. And, I would definitely go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Third Floor has an incredible view of the river, Arabian Sea and the beautiful birds and coconut tre...