“Hamburgers and Hot dogs”
Review of 1976

1976
Ranked #18 of 641 Restaurants in Trivandrum
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 2
Cuisines: American
Description: Burgers, rolls, sandwiches, hot dogs, fish 'n' chips, Ice Teas, Smoothies... You choose! 1976 Is here to deliver the finest in this array of fast food preparations. All, presented to you in the good old ambience of the 'Diner of the '70s'. The days when pop and country music, bell bottoms, Bond movies, Mom and Pop shops, fin-tailed saloon cars ... Came to be, as the very icons of a nostalgic lifestyle of America. Come. Savour those delicious delights ... And those beautiful moments ... And re-live the spirit of those bygone days of 'fad, fun and frolic'. In style. At 1976, the Garden Cafe. Now, open at The Capital. Happy days are here again.
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Though situated adjoining a busy road like Ambujavilasam road near to Pulimood junction, Cafe 1976 is a cosy, neat and quiet cafe within the walls of Hotel Capitol.

The cafe is famous for juicy burgers and hot dogs. Their double patties beef burger is what I would recommend and to gulp down I would like to recommend their hot chocolate.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This is probably one of the better beef burger in trivandrum, if not the best !!! This quarter pound beef burger s just juicy n yumm n the cheese filling at the middle takes the burger to a whole another level !! Would recommend juicy lucy to anyone

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Nice atmosphere, ambiance and burgers...Music selected is very apt relating to 1970's. Staffs are very polite and friendly.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The menu is unchanged for a long time. The burgers are good. Drinks are not great and can taste artificial flavorings. The rooftop is a big advantage for the ambiance. Pricing and Service are good. Ample parking space. Not much space or space not utilized properly considering you may need to wait even if there is less crowd.
Other new similar joints are catching up and inching forward

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I am giving this place a rating of 1, not because of the food, but purely because of their extremely arrogant and rude service. I visited this place with my fiancé. We both were sitting on the couch, holding arms. One of their staff approached us and explained us to in a rude manner that we shouldn't be sitting here in such a manner as we were being watched on cctv. When my fiancé made a ruckus, he apologised but said the GM of the hotel would make an issue. I believe these guys truly live in 1976. I promise we will never visit this place ever again, and I hope no one does.

4  Thank Mithunbk
Hari H, General Manager at 1976, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Mr.Mithun,

I'm Hari, General manager of the Hospitality Division. 1976 is one of our brands. Your feedback did come as a shock to us and I had personally enquired the matter. It appears that our cafe staff were a bit over cautious in your case.

We at 1976 are no 'vigilantes' and always have a friendly approach to our guests. Sometimes certain guests do cross the limits in the cafe and in the interest of other guests in the surrounding we do intimate them to behave properly. This however is not applicable in your case and as I mentioned earlier, our manager was over cautious. We understand the situation you were in and our intention was not to insult you. I had sent you a personal message through Trip Advisor requesting for a conversation on the matter but not sure whether it has come to your attention hence replying here.

We do not want to conclude the matter just with an apology and request you to call me and visit the cafe again as we would certainly want to make up for this one off issue. We positively hope we will be given a 2nd opportunity. Thank you for letting us know the matter though, this has certainly helped us in re-training our staffs to handle such situations in a much better manner.

Warm Regards,