From the moment we checked into this hotel, we were dumbstruck on the beauty of this enchanting place. The hotel was built around a garden of tall trees which gave it a jungle like feel with mountains in the background. We were garlanded with Jasmine flowers upon check in but they forgot to put yellow holi Mark on our foreheads as they did for other groups on arrival.
Rooms were arranged in buildings of blocks of 3s. All the rooms had excellent views of the beautiful vistas. Rooms were great with huge balconies and huge glass panel and door between the balcony and the room. So you could see the beautiful views whilst sitting/sleeping on your bed. The rooms were simple but had all the amenities requires. The huge bathroom had a rain shower with a window with views of the surroundings. There was a curtain to cover the window whilst showering.
The meals were very good. However they wouldn't normally serve snacks like burgers and sandwiches at lunch. Snack times were from 3 to 6.30pm. Since we were eating Indian food everyday, we liked to eat light foods for lunch. Hence on the first day we just had to eat soup which was on the main menu. On our second day a nice guy in the restaurant arranged for us to have burgers, sandwiches and French fries for lunch. Breakfast was good but no masala dosas. Evening a la carte meals were good too.
I had a Swedish massage done in their spa which was excellent. Slightly pricy compared to other hotels in Kerala we had been to but worth it. The pool was at the bottom of the resort with huge number of steps from your room. It made it look great but wasn't maintained well during our trip. The leaves and insects were not cleared. I would have loved to have a swim if it was kept clean.
On the whole we really enjoyed our trip thanks to the great design of this hotel and wonderful balconies. Despite the pool glitch, I'm still rating this hotel with 5 stars as I fell in love with this hotel. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wild Corridor Resort & Spa by Apodis almost defies description. It is an eco- friendly, elevated boutique retreat offering top of the range luxury accommodation situated on a verdant hill side, overlooking thousands of acres of lush green valley and offers an uninterrupted view. A heaven of 13 elevated Villas with 33 spacious private rooms and 2 spacious private villas, offering both luxury and wilderness experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ClearTrip, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Wild Corridor Resort and Spa by Apodis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thekkady Wild Corridor Hotel Thekkady
- Wild Corridor Hotel Thekkady
- Wild Corridor Resort Thekkady
- Wild Corridor Resort And Spa By Apodis Thekkady, Kerala