Spice village is a unique resort supporting the cause of "save environment save planet earth"The moment you enter the resort you can sense their concern to save environment.The staff is very courteous..they try their best to make your stay as peaceful and as homely as possible.The stay is very comfortable.They offer you only cottages.The food is real good everything fresh...all vegetables are organically grown in their own farms which is inside the property.They have an English style bar which has some real antique stuffs.They offer swimming pool though it lacks privacy.Resort has a large dinning area and offers buffet.but on request the chef is ready to prepare something that you prefer.The resort do not offer room service.
The resort is a great place to relax and loosen yourself of all the worries.,surrounded by lush greenery.They have a recreation room which has tabla tennis,carom board,chess etc facility.During the evening a walk through a local market of kumily will do good but sometimes it can become too noisy with all transport buses etc.
The resort can help you to arrange for a morning or night trek at near by periyar reserved forest area which is advisable only if you are a true nature lover coz you will not get to see animals may be wild elephants..but yes i enjoyed it its so calm so serene to be close to nature listen to the bird chirping...
Apart from this one can also go for a boat ride at the periyar river which we didnt try.But we preferred going to a day long trek to Periyar wildlife reserve forest area which is atleats 45 min to 1 hr drive away from resort but once again i ll say a must go for nature lovers.
Some cultural program during the evening at around 7PM. is also organized by the resort for the guest.
We went during the month of Oct - November 2011 and the resort had organized Cake Mixing Ceremony..they invited all the guest and it was a nice experience for me to be a full fledged part of it.
This is the second property of cgh Earth where we stayed after Maison de Perumal at pondicherry and i must say something unique about the staff at cgh they make you so comfortable that you just fall in love with them and long to come back once again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spice Village is an eco resort in the hills(thekkady) near the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. A cluster of tribal style huts set in a beautiful spice garden is a great escape for most tourists from the heat of the plains, and also a great place for some adventure activities. We have a comfortable pool, an ayurvedic spa, we organise treks into the forest, bamboo rafting and many more. A walk through the property itself is a great way to explore many aspects of nature and the green initiatives undertaken at this eco resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip, Booking.com, Expedia, EaseMyTrip, Hotels.com, Yatra, TravelGuru, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Spice Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Village Hotel Thekkady
- Spice Village Thekkady, Kerala