Spice Village is beautifully situated in a garden with local plants and trees cultivated on site. The hotel ascribes to locavore cuisine, with one of its restaurants sourcing food from within 50 kilometers. The rooms are large and well appointed. They are open air and screened, so beware mosquitoes! Keep the doors closed and you will be fine.
The small thing that spice village could improve is its Internet access. We couldn't log in at all one day, and when we finally were able to, we were kicked off multiple times. If you're on a short vacation, this isn't a big deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spice Village is an eco resort in the hills(thekkady) near the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. A cluster of tribal style huts set in a beautiful spice garden is a great escape for most tourists from the heat of the plains, and also a great place for some adventure activities. We have a comfortable pool, an ayurvedic spa, we organise treks into the forest, bamboo rafting and many more. A walk through the property itself is a great way to explore many aspects of nature and the green initiatives undertaken at this eco resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ClearTrip, Expedia, Yatra, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Spice Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Village Hotel Thekkady
- Spice Village Thekkady, Kerala