We stayed in Spice Vilage for 2 nights (Dec 20-22, 2011) while touring Kerala. This hotel has nice bungalows set in beautiful grounds (including its own spice garden). Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Bathrooms are also specious, plenty of hot water. All very clean. Nice touches like rose petals placed on the bed one of the evenings. The property is very green and has lots of areas to chill out (pool, gardens, coffee area etc). The central location allows you to walk to town shops and even to the park entrance, but despite this, the property is like an oasis of peace. There is free wifi (from reception and restaurant/pool area). We ate the restaurant twice. The food was very good and while more expensive than in town, the quality was better. Besides, none of the places in town can match the atmoshere. There are various free activities on offer: spice garden visit, cooking lessons, Indian dances. Like in most places, room prices increase considerably around Chritmas, but all in all, we were extremely pleased with our stay. Good base to explore Periyar park and soroundings. We try both, a bamboo rafting + guided walk day trip and a boat ride in the park. I can highly recommend the bamboo rafting day trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spice Village is an eco resort in the hills(thekkady) near the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. A cluster of tribal style huts set in a beautiful spice garden is a great escape for most tourists from the heat of the plains, and also a great place for some adventure activities. We have a comfortable pool, an ayurvedic spa, we organise treks into the forest, bamboo rafting and many more. A walk through the property itself is a great way to explore many aspects of nature and the green initiatives undertaken at this eco resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ClearTrip, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Spice Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spice Village Hotel Thekkady
- Spice Village Thekkady, Kerala