In a spectacular location this quirky hotel is an interesting place to visit. If you are looking for an unusual experience away from the normal tourist trail this is the place for you. For me it charged top end prices but did not deliver top end facilities. The location and views are spectacular and the owner Simon has done very well to integrate the hotel into the mountainous setting. But given the price I was disappointed at a stained duvet and sheets, towels not replaced, no tea/coffee in room, no menu for breakfast or supper (food delicious but no choice), no yoga in morning as advertised, no local entertainment at dinner as advertised, very limited hot water (you have to ask when you want generator switched on). The outdoor shower was lovely but the integral. Garden very scruffy. All first world problems I know but when you are paying first world prices....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat is set on an organic coffee and spice plantation in the hills of Kerala. The Retreat comprises traditional wooden cottages, embellished with invaluable antiques. The activities available are yoga, cooking lessons, visit to the tea factory(12 kms), visit or massage at the Ayurveda centre(8 kms), and Periyar Tiger Reserve (40 kms). There are many spectacular walking routes. One leaves the Retreat invigorated by the fresh air, pampered by the caring staff and visually delighted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and TravelGuru so you can book your Paradisa Plantation Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Hotel Thekkady
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Idukki
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Thekkady, Kerala