Absolutely superb hotel where we had the most wonderful time.
The plantation is in a beautiful location with panaoramic views and the soundtrack of the amazing jungle. The only other human settlements you can see are tribal fires at nighttime. The mist is magical and you really feel like you are in another world and definitely away from it all.
The facilities are beautiful. The rooms are renovated old houses which are beautiful and calming spaces where you feel at peace and very comfortable. The pool is fab and is always ready with towels and the restaurant offers wonderful views interspersed with beautiful pieces of art.
The food was delicious with a yummy high quality dinner and a fab breakfast. Each time offering a different menu and local products such as palm sugar, banana jam, homemade masala from the plantation and guava jam.
Finally, our stay was like nothing we have experienced. You don't feel like you are going to a hotel, you feel like you are staying with friends who are so attentive to your every need and do everything to ensure you have the best time possible. Simon was incredible - lots of fun and an extremely interesting and kind gentleman. He really went out of his way to make us feel welcome which included greeting us at the car, taking us for walks, having dinner with us and organising our trip in India (and calling hotels and taxis to get us a good rate). He organised a fabulous south India tour.
On top of all this, the staff supporting Simon are attentive, discrete and extremely dignified giving you personalised service and anticipating your every need before you realise it yourself.
The most fabulous place to stay and it really made our trip in India.
Thank you Simon and Jorji
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat is set on an organic coffee and spice plantation in the hills of Kerala. The Retreat comprises traditional wooden cottages, embellished with invaluable antiques. The activities available are yoga, cooking lessons, visit to the tea factory(12 kms), visit or massage at the Ayurveda centre(8 kms), and Periyar Tiger Reserve (40 kms). There are many spectacular walking routes. One leaves the Retreat invigorated by the fresh air, pampered by the caring staff and visually delighted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Paradisa Plantation Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Hotel Thekkady
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Idukki
- Paradisa Plantation Retreat Thekkady, Kerala