“That was an excellent place that I could have ever stayed”
Review of Koshys Homestay

Koshys Homestay
Ranked #33 of 115 Thekkady B&B and Inns
Coimbatore, India
“That was an excellent place that I could have ever stayed”
Reviewed 7 May 2011

It was wonderful staying with my husband and 3 children at the Koshys. The people at Koshys are friendly and loving. The excellent food, I would certainly come back to the koshys homestay for my next vaccation . I would definitely recommend our friends tp stay at the Koshys.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Mandolinmanoj3
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
belgium
Reviewed 6 March 2011

From the first day we arrived at Koshys homestay, we had a good feeling about it.
Ramani and Zachariah are very nice to talk with, they love to tell about their life and family in Kumily. Zach took us to Periyar Hospital that he works for as a chaplain and went to the tribal school where we made the children happy by giving them pens and books.
Ramani showed us her wunderfull Kerala cooking and was always there to give us a good cup of tea!
We certainly recommend this place to everyone who likes to know the Indian way of living.
The negative information about the A/C in a previous review is absolutely ridiculous! At night the temperature decreases enough so no need for A/C....
Kind regards from Lies and David / BELGIUM

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bandit23
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I spent two weeks traveling all over Kerala at the beginning of this year, and the largest portion of it was spent in Thekkady. I actually extended my stay there just because Ramani and Zachariah Koshy were such good hosts and made being a solo female traveler in India so easy for me. Not only did they help me out with what sites, shows, and shops I should check out; the fact that they were so genuinely warm and welcoming made the stay extra special. I have two friends who at different times have stayed with there while vacationing in Kerala and recommended Koshy's to me. They both had awesome homestays, and I too am a big fan!

On a side note, one of the previous reviewers complained about the lack of AC. For those of you not familiar with Thekkady, it is a hill station, and the temperature there is comfortable all year long such that you don't need AC or heat, so don't worry about the lack of AC! I doubt anyone ever uses AC in that town.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank farmergirl1980
london
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Amazingly friendly hosts who would go out of their way to do anything to help your stay in India. Rooms were clean, well equipped, and all meals were delicious.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank qwerty123London
Chennai
Reviewed 1 April 2010

While I write this review, I am at this place. I am using my Reliance Netconnect to write this. This is overall a good place to stay however I would not recommend this place to anyone. This room is pretty hot and anyone who wants a cool place please do not stay here. This place does not have an A/C, which is the main disadvantage and it is in the first floor with open terrace, the ground floor is occupied by Mr.Koshy's family. There is no TV in the room and there is 1 common TV for everyone. It has a small Kitchen with a kettle (no gas or microwave oven) and a dining table to eat. You can either go out and have food or pay and eat with them.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roadways
Koshys, Owner at Koshys Homestay, responded to this review, 28 September 2010
Dear Roadways, regret the inconvenience caused. Sorry to understand that you were incorrectly informed by your agent, regarding our homestay.

We are an eco friendly homestay selling genuine homestay experience. The guest staying with Koshys are given clean and comfortable rooms with all necessary amenities. We are trying to sell the real Periyar village experience more than a luxury accommodation with A/c rooms and TV at all rooms. We stay responsible to the community by employing local people, buying locally and avoiding wastage of energy. We use a solar heater to heat water and terra cotta tiling to moderate the temperature in rooms.

The weather is generally pleasant at Periyar. During season ie October to March, the maximum temperature at day time is 30 degrees and minimum at night is 15 degrees. And during summer, the maximum temperature is 40 degrees and a minimum of 20 degrees. We offer a special 50% off during this period. Since you came in the summer we had offered the same discount to your agent and charged only half the actual cost.

Hope this clarifies the lack of communication we had. From our side, we are taking action against the agent who misguided you. Sorry again that we couldn’t satisfy your expectations.

Regards,