All reviews rooms are clean wonderful hospitality nice place to stay tasty food facilities wifi rates
Reviewed 15 January 2016

Located on Kannur Road, this is a good hotel, thought bit on the expensive side ! Maybe Kerala is catching up, in line with other locations. The staff is friendly and the food is very good, I tried local cuisine. Breakfast is a bit more continental than Indian, but Indian fare is good too.

Room tip: Not too much to choose in terms of views, suggest rooms at the rear side, quieter.
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2016

Having not had a great experience in hotels around Calicut, when an unexpected stop over for 2 nights occurred and our usual hotel was fully booked; I was more than anxious about where I would be staying.

As soon as I entered the hotel, the warm and welcoming reception received by the staff allowed my worries to melt away. They seemed thoroughly over joyed to have us there and knowing the situation that led us to staying in Calicut, were very accommodating when it came to preparing lunch for us and getting us checked in rapidly. Throughout the entire stay, the staff were very attentive and did what they could to meet our needs.

The main lobby is nicely decorated and clean and the same can be said for the rooms. I can tell the hotel is a little older and whilst the bathrooms could use a bit of renovation, the overall cleanliness and presentation was a very pleasant surprise. I was even able to drink from the cups which my not sound like a big deal but is definitely a first in Calicut!

The lunch and dinner menus were varied, tasty and prepared to order. We tried something new every meal and the chef was even able to accommodate a personal request from myself for something that wasn't on the menu. My only complaint is that the breakfast buffet was a little lacking in variety, however, certainly not the worst I've had in all the hotels I've stayed in.

Overall I enjoyed my experience in this hotel and would gladly recommend it to anyone else over the other hotels I've stayed in, in Calicut.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

This is my 3rd stay here. All that choose this hotel is because my office is next door.
Surprised to see, hotel had a facelift and cosmetic renovation at common areas.

However, not much changed inside the rooms. Food is still expensive and taste is not that great.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

A class hotel with great ambiance. The atmospheric bar will be a temptation to spend hours there. Bud sadly, only beer and wine are available now due to Kerala govt's mad liquor policy. The rooms are super and the pool is fantastic. The food also worth mention. I had spent many times and every time I did enjoy the stay.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2015

I stayed in this hotel only for one night.
We were welcomed by a hospitable staff at 11:30 p.m . we were all hungry & wanted something to eat as we traveled for a long time to reach calicut. They told us they can only offer room service. we refused that presuming it will take a long time and requested them to serve at restaurant. I think that was a mistake... they took 1 hour to serve us in restaurant.
I think had we not insisted we would have slept hungry.. such a poor service.

On the contrary, they were prompt & ready to serve during breakfast. :D
Rooms were average, i specially did not like the washroom. Something was "off". can't define what. but even my colleagues had same reaction.

they had central air conditioning, i don't understand why.. i could not find any button to increase the temperature.

They offer a wide variety of services, which i could not utilize,

Overall it was a average quality stay , nothing special about this hotel. Only shiny reception area does not make a hotel good !!

Date of stay: October 2015