Athreya Ayurvedic Centre
Priceline
Chrysoberyl(Kottayam)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsdr sreejitayurvedic treatmentsathreya resorthealth issuesrecommend athreyahis wifeauthentic ayurvedatreatment roomshealth carewestern medicinevisited athreyathree weeksdaily consultationshealing experienceyoga classeskitchen stafflife changing experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Finally made it to Kerala and just finished over 30 days of Panchakarma treatments at Athreya. I can safely post my review now that I have already pre-booked my room for next year. I had researched dozens of Ayurveda treatment centers, resorts and hospitals before choosing Athreya. This is a very special place for pure, traditional Ayurveda Panchakarma treatments. If you want to be a tourist and receive a few massages in between touring, this is not the place for you. But if you’re serious about your health and practicing an Ayurvedic lifestyle I do not believe there is a better healing center in Kerala then Athreya. The setting is beautiful near the rice paddies with village life surrounding . The landscaping is lovely with birds and flowers and trees. The staff is kind and professional and the therapists are skilled and very well-trained. You have daily consultations with either Dr. Sreejit or Dr Jaya (husband/wife team).
The food is traditional Sattvic And the drink is warm herbal water with the herb flavors being changed daily. Prior to being accepted here you will need to fill out a medical questionnaire and then have a follow up audio or video consultation with Dr Sreejit . They follow the traditional five stages of Panchakarma, however everyone has an individual treatment plan based on their health and body‘s needs.
There is a quiet meditative side to eat your meals and there is a chatty side where people can sit together and visit. I have to say I was definitely on the chatty side more often than not. And I felt blessed to have met wonderful, good hearted people from different parts of the world.,with whom I now consider friends. They have a nice
yoga class twice-daily in the early morning and late afternoon. The yoga teacher is lovely.
Dr Sreejit is truly the rockstar of Ayurvedic Drs and always has a smile on his face with seemingly boundless energy. Both he and Dr.Jaya are highly skilled. I could not have asked for more professional and compassionate treatment. The only downside is you will need to book your room far in advance as they are busy most of the time. I will be back next year, God willing.........

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As the name of the center means so does the services offered - terrific,awesome,extremely skilled , collection of very good things and list goes on. This was my first experience of stay at an ayurvedic center and I am glad that I chose Athreya among the other places I found online. I also thank the genuine reviewers whose advice and thoughts helped me to make a right decision. Hence I would also like to make a short review of my experience and understanding of this place so that it helps another novice. Here we go -

Ambience& facilities:
It's a beautiful place away from the usual chaotic urban atmosphere. A well maintained clean rooms surrounded by greenery all around. Well mannered and caring therapists to conduct the daily treatment procedures. Decent healthy weekly menu served by a friendly staff. Best thing about the food served here is most of the vegetables and fruits are organic and grown at the center. Morning and evening yoga sessions. Limited free internet access.

My experience@Athreya:
I did not have any major symptoms or health issues that I could talk about. But my blood work results kept showing abnormal values for more than 2 years now. Hence the doctors suggested to be on a steroid all these years while repeating the blood work every 2-3 months. This process was going on without any final solution which was kind of depressing. So I opted to seek a help in ayurveda. As my fight is with an unknown enemy, Dr. Sreejith suggested a 'detoxification' process offered in ayurveda .Dr.Sreejith has promised me the least that I could benefit but has always strived to bring in the best possible therapies to address the health concerns that I have. His wife Dr.Jayalakshmi also effectively teams up with him to take care of the daily consultations. After the customized therapies , the result is very pleasing - IMPROVED BLOOD RESULTS :) . Yes, finally I stopped using the steroids and taking the extended ayurvedic medicine with me and hoping to be fully well by end of the course.

I was lucky enough to be in one of the rooms of the building in paddy fields. The lush green view of the paddy fields just multiplied the inner peace I gained there. Due to some reasons my family/friends could not accompany me all through the stay but everyone at Athreya were so caring and amicable enough that I could manage alone.

lastly, I would suggest to carry a collection of melody/meditating music ,any creative hobby materials , books to enjoy the free time between the therapies. Nothing strenuous though.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service at Athreya has been excellent and immaculate from every angle. Can't recommend a better place for Ayurvedic health treatment.

Our experience there was wonderful and we are looking forward to return.

We would like to thank Dr Sreejit and Dr Jayalakshmi for taking extra care to help in in our health problems. Of course we must not forget the health staff who assisted in a great way.

We also enjoyed the healthy food and are trying to keep to this routine.

Wish the Athreya team health, happiness and holiness and every success in their undertaking.

God Bless Athreya and the Team.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hksikh13
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for two weeks in January and two months later are still enjoying the extraordinarily beneficial effects of our treatment - and indeed the whole experience. Everything improved from diet through to quality of sleep, lower weight, sharper senses, absence of snoring, better breathing, loss of back pain, greater energy and wellbeing - the list goes on. It is not a swanky, fluffy towel place, but it is clean, attractive and authentic with lovely views over the paddyfields. For someone who has never tried ayurvedic treatments, those given here are authentic too; they don't pull their punches and are all the more effective for it. The centre takes a comparatively small number of patients, which means you get very individual attention and it is noticeable how everyone from the cleaners through to the doctors staff care, listen and observe carefully. Rare in so many centres, the doctors see you every day, continuously tweaking your treatments as your body responds. Dr Sreejit is not only knowledgeable and culturally astute, but highly perceptive and very easy to get on with. For many people it is clear that he is the reason that they return again and again. A stay here has the potential to be real life-changing stuff. For me it was and I will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Journeyman101
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

had a beautiful visit . athreya is a very nice basic but still very clean set up . housekeeping is done on very regular basis very warm staff . Dr shreejith gives personal attention to every visitors (patients) that makes it edge over other resorts . Rooms are though basic are very well maintained, airy, with air conditioning , hot water , study table and well painted .treatments are done in very very clean environment by competent therapist . I wish to visit athreya again soon .

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends