Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,078 results
All reviews dr sreejit panchakarma treatment recommend athreya athreya resort authentic ayurveda his wife health issues ayurvedic medicine visited athreya yoga classes life changing experience kitchen staff his team dark room on a daily basis treatment rooms are healing process
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I visited Athreya on the recommendation of a family member who had researched the web extensively to conclude that Athreya was the best combination of "health", "retreat" and "value" with the focus being on "health".

I had several ailments that I had thought would be my companion for life. I had difficulty walking long distance as knee pain would bother me. Climbing stairs, I would pant for breath. Dr. Sreejit was able to get to the root of the problem. His treatment provided me with surprising relief. It has been three months since I have returned and amongst other things, I notice considerable improvement in high blood pressure and knee pain. What is admirable is the amount of time the doctor spends to listen to every detail you have to share. Dr. Sreejit's depth of knowledge and his passion for Ayurveda won me over and made me feel completely "safe" in his hands.

I loved sitting outside in the balcony enjoying the greenery all around and listening to the chirping birds. Being a very action oriented person, being without a project and giving up tea for 14 days was almost frightening to me. However, I survived. In the absence of constant outward stimulation I was forced to look to look inwards. I finished 4 books and meditated regularly.

Given my condition, I was not flexible enough to participate in yoga classes and wished there was something else that I could engage in-- perhaps play carom, listen to spiritual discourses or some planned activities. The food was healthy, fresh and varied. .However, being a north Indian, towards the end I began craving more of the traditional north India food (Chapatis were served at dinner several nights, which I really welcomed)

This resort is unlike other places which are run more as a spa. This is a place run by a family of multi -generational doctors who delight and take personal pride in the quality of care they provide.

Date of stay: January 2014
2  Thank Neelam B
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Athreya is a medical resort which means a hospital in terms of cases coming there and a resort in its ambience. Your expectations can be conveyed much before reaching there and then you can decide to proceed or not to Athreya. The full team works with utmost comittment, right from doctors to staff to kitchen staff to cleaners.
Dr. Sreejit and Dr. Jayalakshmi are excellant , wonderful ,competant doctors. They listen and understand the needs of their patients with genuine sincerity .You can relate all your concerns to them frankly -medical and logistical. They are knowledgeable about ayurvedic medicine and diagnostic aspects of western medicine. The depth of his knowledge & passion for Ayurveda is amazing and the genuine care he gives to his patient is very super- premium class.
I learnt from repeat clients that he was trained by the best of the best doctor of Ayurveda in Kerala and he still keeps learning as much. Dr Jayalashmi is a 5th generation physician of her heritage of Ayurveda family. Yoga is good , suits any basic learner and with those with lesser body flexibility. Staff is super , super . kind and polite people.
The therapists were equally caring towards the needs of the guests and they knew exactly what they were doing. The service staff were so friendly, I felt at home amidst them. I was taken care of with warmth and friendliness, which I really appreciated very much.
Over all Very good value for money **###

Room tip: ask for rooms near treatment room, u will enjoy your morning & evening sips admist nature
Date of stay: January 2014
1  Thank Sreeja I
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I had been to Athreya in Feb2014.A beauuuutiful place with greenery everywhere.Athreya is a home for extremely authentic (not at all commercial ,which you will find in lots of other places) ayurvedic treatments.Athreya is a home away from home because it's the way you are taken care of.The staff is extremely polite and courteous.The food served is very homely and I must say following the requirements of ayurvedic dietetics.Dr.Sreejith ,is a thorough ayurvedic professional with profound knowledge and experience.He will guide you very scientifically to get over your ailments and to lead a blissful life.Your therapies are tailor made according to your body composition.They have a very dedicated team of therapists who are always ready to help.The surroundings of Athreya are calm and fresh which adds to the extra healing touch.Dr.Jayalaxmi is a lovely person who takes care of the minute details and makes us feel at home.You can feel the warmth and personal touch of both of them,which makes you come back again and again.

Date of stay: February 2014
1  Thank Mrunu
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed for 10 days in Nov 2013. I had explored and found info about this place in internet and was very happy to have known this place. My experience throughtout was fantastic and the treatment was excellent. I used to have frequent gastric trouble and a frequent consumer of gelusil. After my treatment at Athreya, I have totally stopped taking Gelusil now. Feel very light and relaxed. Completely relaxed at the resort with only my Ipad to give company. But not a single minute where I felt bored. A special mention about the food, very tasty and homely. Looking forward to visit again and will make it a routine for yearly visits.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 615Ramesh
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Myself went with my family to Athreya. It was a very good experience first of all because of the correct diagnosis and treatment given to my daughter by Dr. Sreejith and then because of the homely feel that we got from Athreya. We enjoyed the comfortable stay and healthy food. We recommended Athreya to many of our friends too, after our visit because we were sure about the result they will get.

Date of stay: December 2013