Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,067 results
All reviews dr sreejit panchakarma treatment recommend athreya athreya resort authentic ayurveda his wife health issues ayurvedic experience visited athreya yoga classes silent zone life changing experience his team kitchen staff on a daily basis treatment plan treatment rooms are
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I had a wonderful time at the beautiful Athreya resort! The resort is away from all the noise and environmental pollution.
Dr. Sreejit and Jayalakshmi are wonderful human.they are dedicated and caring. The therapists are friendly and helpful.

The treatments were very authentic and I did notice improvements in some areas of my health and i feel very relax and moreover even my friends are shocked to see my change over.

The food was simple amazing. I could not able to stay there for long time. I'm sure if we are there for a long period we can feel lot of difference. Their first belive is consultation will cure mosty of our problems which i belived after visting there.

Overall its really a soothing experience in ATHREYA..........

Don worry about money. Its not about what your going to pay... Its about what your getting it from them. They serve more than what we pay,,,,

I Have planned to visit there again......

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sathisraju
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I have been visiting Athreya for the past 4 yrs. to cleanse (detox) for 10 to18 nights, depending on my schedule. Thanks to the wonderful treatments & Athreya Experience, I have been free of any illness & have plenty of energy. I usually go alone, but this year I went to Athreya twice, the second time w/ my daughter. She had a positive experience & went back again w/ her 16 yr. old daughter a month later.
Dr. Sreejit & his wife Dr. Jayalaksmi are caring & professional & give a private consultation each day. They have an "open door" policy & are available for any special needs or concerns @ any time. The staff are delightful & friendly & talented & go out of there way to make the guests feel comfortable. The "treatments" are healing & personalized & usually 2 therapists are working w/ the guest @ the same time.
The food is tasty & healthy w/ plenty of vegies, fruits, & grains. Drinking "medicine water" (boiled herbal water) throughout the day & night is very cleansing. The grounds are beautiful & tidy, & the location is near a lake & small villages, which makes for great walking. The guests are from all over the world so there's never a dull moment if one wants companionship.
Thank you Athreya. I'll be back next year.

Room tip: Rooms near the canal are breezy, quiet, & private.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank papaouli
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We went as a family to Arthreya Ayurvedic Resort. It was a very cozy, small resort in Kerala that was peaceful and healing in many ways. The setting was beautiful, food was healthy and tasty, the rooms were clean and the treatment assistants were very polite and respectful. Most of all, we were impressed with Dr. Sreejit and his wife, Dr. Lakshmi. They were concerned about us on an individual basis, treating individual health concerns, and personally attending to our health needs. We were touched by their kindness and determination to see us better and stronger at the end of our trip. Thankyou to all at the Resort!
Perhaps a couple of areas we would like to see different is to resolve the mosquito problem and to have some liveliness/entertainment at night.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 744Mai
Agnivesh, Owner at Athreya Ayurvedic Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Mam Azmaira

thank u for the time and attention to make a review

we wold like to keep improving our services as much we can

reg mosquitoes - we had already placed the fishes that consumes the larvae of mosquitoes , locally know here as ''gappi fish ''

so we have found making some success in this aspect but we have made strong efforts by making more rounds of herbal smoking / herbal fumigation with herbs leaves barks in every room and dining areas too

and also topical creams utilised make mosquito bites NOT effective
i shall surely keep u p dated after 3 weeks by this platform of tripadvisor

thank u so much for making us improve our services

Reviewed 13 January 2013

My trip to Athreya Ayurvedic clinic happened really by coincidence. A friend of mine told me that she is going to this amazing ayurvedic place in India where she will try to rest and get some energy for new challenges. And me, being rather tired and lacking energy, thought – why not, I am doing anything special for New Year, I might as well get some rest from my everyday life. So I booked a flight and off we went at the end of December 2012 – without any expectations. On the 26th of December when I boarded in Venice I was not only tired, but totally without any energy left. So you can imagine that a 24 hour trip to Kochi, India was a hell for me. Little did I know that my life is soon going to change...

Dr. Sreejit personally greeted us upon arrival and consulted us immediately after we refreshed a bit. A first consultation is basically a pleasant conversation with a doctor who has years of experience in real ayurvedic treatments and has learned from the best ayurvedic gurus in India. We talked about my life in general and my “issues” that are bothering me in my everyday life. Based on that he prescribed me an 11 day ayurvedic treatment and some ayurvedic medicine. And off I went to have my first treatment...

In those 11 days – doctor consulted us almost every day as to see how we are feeling and whether he should change our therapy; ayurvedic treatments are amazing – day in day out I could feel my body and mind regaining more strength and energy; ladies who are doing treatments are nice and very attentive; the food is typically Indian, with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables; rooms are nice.

Now, being back at home for 6 days, and looking back on my ayurvedic experience – all I can say is – it was a life changing one – for my body, soul and mind. I feel an entirely new person.

I would recommend Athreya Ayurvedic Clinic to every single person – at least once in your life.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank AnaP_15
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I had a wonderful time at the beautiful Athreya resort! The resort is located in a secluded area and is very tranquil away from all the noise and environmental pollution which is great for healing.

Dr. Sreejit is absolutely terrific. He is very dedicated and caring and at the same time he is very open minded. The therapists are very professional and the staff in general is extremely friendly and helpful.

The treatments were very authentic and I did notice improvements in some areas of my health. However, I also had a detox reaction while I was there and also noticed increase in cough after one of the treatments. I had a conversation at length with Dr. Sreejit about incorporating some of the modern cleansing techniques with age old Ayurvedic concepts to account for modern day toxins not present in our environment 5000 years ago. Dr. Sreejit was very open to these ideas and has promised to look into it. I am hoping that the medications I have taken back home along with utilizing modern cleansing techniques at home will help me resolve my health issues in the coming weeks/months.

The food was simple but very good and tasty. If you stay here for any length of time, it can get repetitive after a while. I wished they would cater the food to each individual's needs based on their body type. This would make the treatment even more effective.

It was also great to meet like minded guests from different backgrounds and countries at the resort. The rooms were simple and clean. The rooms could use some better pest control as the resort is in the woods.

If I ever decide to do pancha karma again, this is the place I would go.

• Trip type: Travelled solo