“DEDICATED, AUTHENTIC, GENUINE AND WILL SURELY RETURN.”

and 1 more site!
Athreya Ayurvedic Centre
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Kottayam
Reviewed 1 June 2012

After a head injury in September 2010, I had dealt with numerous doctors and specialists here in the UK to help me recover from prolonged post-concussion syndrome, which had caused me to stop working and which even today still affects my experiences and activities.

I had spoken and consulted with various ayurvedic doctors in Kerala, however Dr Sreejit and Dr Jayalakshmi offered an unparagoned depth of attention, care and treatment upon arrival. Going to Athreya was the best decision I could have made.

Incisive, preemptive and entirely collaborative, I struggled to notice these qualities in other establishments i'd checked out, not to mention in western approaches to patient care.

The therapists and supporting staff were just as dedicated and professional.

Since coming home, I have been taking the medicines that were prescribed to me upon departure, and I am feeling stronger both mentally and (no doubt as a great consequence) physically. I've even had the comment that I seem reborn...! (which was exactly what i was seeking)

This is not a luxury resort, which i dabbled in for a moment in India to no effect, but the real deal. If you want effective treatment, if you want to feel and see improvement, then go here and embrace it. You will be blessed.

I am eternally grateful to the team at Athreya. The entire experience was beautiful, energising and will stay with me forever. I wish everyone good health and happiness.

Thank you.

Room Tip: be aware there is no wi-fi in the rooms at the moment, only in the lobby and restaurant area. this i...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Ishtar_on_toast

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I spent a week at the resort earlier this year. I had been burnt out and was in desperate need of some R & R. I couldn't have chosen a better place. If you want to be surrounded by nature and natural surroundings, this is for you. The staff were very attentive and other guests at the resort were all like minded people - needing quiet, calm and pampering. I came home feeling 100%. Thank you to Dr. Sreejit and his wife and all the staff for making me feel so welcome.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Monalisatheresa
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My wife and myself went there to try out remedy for our osteoarthritis and waistline obesity problem.Being allopathic physicians we were well aware what allopathic medicine has to offer.We also had a very hectic 3 weeks at Kathmandu,Kolkata and Ranchi.
So these two weeks gave us everything we needed for rejuvenation.
Rural area away from usual largely populated Indian city-no loudspeaker noise,no disel fumes.
Large size rooms with mosquito screens in windows,funtioning a/C,hot water.
Most important was medical(ayurvedic care)The physician ,s diagnostic acumen,management skill was superb.His daily visit-never rushed ,supervision of massage therapy aspect-all these made us feel good at the end of two weeks.
Diet followed the rules of Ayurvedic treatment(classical)-no caffeine,no sugar totally vegeterian for all in my case somewhat more restricted and modified-we liked this total approach.
We are seriously considering a stay for couple weeks every couple of years just for maintenance and tune up.

Room Tip: any of the cottages along the canal
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank dipubuli
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have been to India on several occasions to receive ayurvedic treatment. This year (2012) my preferred centre couldn't accommodate me on the dates I required so I cast around and found Athreya Resort. Wow - did I land on my feet. This location is the place to make you feel at home whilst you are having your treatment, Dr Sreejit immediately sussed out my problems, worked out the treatment required and before I knew it I was on the table in the hands of the therapists. The obvious care and attention of the doctors, the skilled work of the therapists, the kindness and attention of the reception, catering and domestic staff was first class. The location is tranquil and green, the accommodation comfortable and private and all leading to a pleasing outcome. Above all though is the skilled, dedicated and effective medical attention provided by Dr Sreejit and his wife Dr Jayalakshmi ,

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank kobrah
Reviewed 13 April 2012

What a lovely experience! The place itself is laid back, quiet and peaceful. Just the birds in the mornings--- I used to love hearing them while taking my morning walk. No horns or any other noise at all. We would have our yoga class at 8 am which was very good and relaxing. This was followed by a yummy breakfast of traditional Kerala food- my favourite meal of the day.
The treatments would carry on through the day, each guest going through 2 or 3 sessions according to their needs. The doctor couple running the centre are wonderful. Very committed and sincere.
I did not feel alone or bored for even a moment as I had a great deal to do, read and just chill!
The treatment has helped me and I plan to return there next march.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Nimi55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kottayam
11 km away
5.3 km away
Arcadia Hotel
Arcadia Hotel
#4 of 29 in Kottayam

Been to Athreya Ayurvedic Centre? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK