“Simply scrumptious!”
Review of Dal Roti

Dal Roti
Ranked #40 of 1,066 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This restaurant had been recommended to us and we soon found out why. There was a queue of locals and tourists outside but waiting for a table was so worthwhile! The food (Northern Indian) was just too delicious for words and very plentiful and we ate until we could barely move! The restaurant is simple, whitewashed and inviting, the staff calm, friendly and efficient and great at explaining the various menu options.(N.B. Alcohol is not served here.) We enjoyed our meal tremendously and very much recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Cochin. The fact that a meal for two including pudding cost the equivalent of an amazing £5 was an extra bonus! :-)

Reviewed 5 March 2012

very friendly owner and staff. portions very large but staff good at advising you when you are ordering too much. take their advice!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Great North Indian Cuisine and a very friendly and knowledgable boss! Wide variety of choices and ample portions.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

hands down, best roti I had while in India. I've been dreaming of it for the last few months. living in NYC, there's plenty of good indian food, but none like this. prices are so cheap for the huge portions of delicious food. that was a real bonus. but even if the rotis were expensive, I'd still speak very highly of them. so good.
the owner is also really nice and hospitable. he came over to see how I was doing, and we ended up having a long conversation (while he continued to tend to all the other happy customers) about his business and all of his clientele. You'll find a 50/50 mix of travelers and locals, which to me, is a great sign.

By the way, I had the chicken roti and it was out of this world amazing.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I was invisible to the owner who was taking the orders I asked for fish curry for one. He said the portion was for 2. He did not try to suggest any alternative. When I told him I was disappointed with his attitude after the Lonely Plantet recommendqtion he said he could not make the fish smaller. This was said with attitude. After 5 weeks in India this is the first time I hqve been treqted badly, with a total lack of respect.

3  Thank Janet G