All reviews great location lovely boutique great shower fort cochin walking distance rooftop terrace ac room tourist attractions beautiful homestay enjoyed my stay top floor stayed longer the chinese fishing nets hot water francis india wifi
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I stayed two nights at Nuyati in a budget AC room as just wanted a clean room and bathroom. My next stay will be staying at Niyati again but in the luxury rooms as i was very happy with the service and staff.

Niyati is in the center of old Fort Cochin surrounded by art cafes and shops lots to do and see and you can easily spend a few days taking in the atmosphere.

The owner Frances was at the hotel on the first day and was a very good at hosting. We spent a few hours sitting and drinking cold beers with other guests.

One of my highlights of Cochin!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank VM20142014
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Room with rooftop terrace – actually a room under the public, shared roof terrace. This means that any guest can party on top of your head and it did happen to me on my first night. I asked the person on duty three times and he did anything about so I had to inform the group about their massively disturbing behaviour.

Noise is an issue as four of the nice rooms face a narrow courtyard and the staircase which all distributes any noise, including staff speaking over the phone there at night. Ah, the roof structure also transmits the noise from aircondition machines installed under the roof.

The first annoyance occurred when long before our free cancellation period ended, the hotel asked me about a prepayment by bank transfer. This practice is kind-of common, yet not guest-friendly, but unacceptable before the end of the free cancellation period. I had to involve customer service. The hotel could have requested a security reservation on my credit card at any time.

Later they informed me that their airport transfer was only available to guests that did some prepayment. Inquiring further revealed that that service would have been more expensive than publicly available transfers.

This amount of annoyances could not be compensated by the really nice and cool design or the good location. Also, we got one very good tip for great local food from one staff. Overall, unfortunately not recommended.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank EuropeanDiversity
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

The Niyati has real heart and soul
Second stay for us , which has become a must stay while in Kochi
Home from home
The small communal area upstairs is a great place for meeting up with others
And the staff are more than helpful and Knowledgeable about not only the local area but also Kerala as a whole

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Knobcheeze
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Location is perfect, just off Princess Street and close to great food and shops! Easy walking distance to the seafront and Fort Kochi bus stop too. The room was clean and basic and staff very friendly and welcoming. Our air conditioning stopped working but the room was fine with just the fan. Quick WiFi too (apart from a couple of brief power outages). Would recommend :)

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlpacaYourBackpack
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

We loved this unique heritage/modern redo with a very nice room and all the mod-cons you need.
There’s no breakfast which we didn’t need anyway as there’s so many options just a couple of steps away. Because you’re right in the middle of Fort Cochi. And that’s where you want to be :-)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family