My family and I had booked a couple of rooms here for one night in May 09. We chose this hotel as it was recommended by the travel agent, and was close to the harbour, from where we were to embark on a boat journey the next day.
The only good thing about this hotel is its exterior appearance - looks can be very deceptive though; it looks like a small, cozy colonial property on the photos given on the website, but walk inside and you realise that nothing is further from the truth.
I give below a list of all the negative experiences we encountered at this hotel -
- The flush in the loo didn't work. In spite of complaining to the management, it wasn't repaired, or even an attempt made to repair it, or shift us to another room.
- The hygiene in the rooms was pathetic.
- The toilet and bathrooms were dirty.
- No toilet roll
- No napkins provided
- Only 1 towel and 1 small bar of soap provided for 2 people.
- Pillow case was dirty - it wasn't changed after the previous guests checked out. When we complained, it was grudgingly changed & the reason given was that they were running short of freshly laundered sheets/pillowcases!!
- The service was lousy - unsmiling, non-motivated staff
- No drinking water provided in the room, until asked for
- TV was working, but would behave erratically when channels changed
All in all, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. They really need to pull up their socks and improve on the hygiene, if nothing else.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip, Expedia, OYO Rooms, HotelQuickly and Yatra so you can book your ATS Willingdon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- ATS Willingdon Hotel Kochi (Cochin), Kerala