“Nimmy can cook !”
Review of Nimmy & Paul

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kochi (Cochin)
Nimmy & Paul
Ranked #222 of 446 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2015

I will admit that I cannot boil an egg and my wife will not allow me in our kitchen.
But I accompanied her on half a dozen "cooking demonstrations" during our recent trip through South India. There is no doubt that the best expierience - by a mile - was with Nimmy. Her set-up is professional, the recipe cards that go with her dishes are clear and handy, her dishes are delicious and her instructions simple to follow. Because my wife showed serious interest, Nimmy made a special effort and took her time answering every question ; she prepared 5 dishes for us and the lunch we had together was the best meal we had in Kochi. She and her husband were perfect hosts.
Nimmy has been doing these demonstrations for more than 20 years and she's very good at it. I understand that it must be hard to keep up the enthusiasm with some of the more demanding clients.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Nimmy & Paul

Reviewed 22 January 2015

What a cook she is, this fantastic lady Nimmy. From the reception until the last taste all was just a delight for the eyes and the palate. 4 recipes were given : potato Marsala, Thoren ,Kerala curry and Chemeen Ularthu. Very well explained in details for the ingredients and the way to proceed. And the dinnertable was nicely put up and she was a most interesting person to talk with.
A very succesful evening, showing the excellent Keraka cooking.

Room Tip: This is a homestay also, and not only cooking classes.
Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank gro h
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Nimmy is a lovely person and clearly has a passion for food. I got the feeling that she is doing too many cooking demonstrations and as a result it has become a chore. Yes we learnt a bit and went away with a few tips, plus enjoyed a reasonable meal. However far from the best of this style of cooking demonstration I have experienced.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Emanpee
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Went here to have some amazing food with a large group of people, after a long introduction to "master cuisine" I was expecting the greatest food in the world. It was a big disappointment. The plates took forever to come out and the food wasn't good. The chicken was dry and nothing really stood out. The best part about this experience was leaving. People were really nice and welcoming the property is really cozy and clean. I would love to stay there, but as far as the food it just wasn't there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank edinchavez
Reviewed 1 February 2014

heard a lot about nimmy and paul. logged on to the web site... no response. tried no of times ...no response.... they don't give their contanct no/ mob phone. looks like pretty exclusive place... great !!! being a die hard, went to the residence of nimmy and paul. met Mr Paul... explained to him all I wanted was one meal.., however, was told we cater to only foreign tourists.... trying to hide my feeling of surprise and anger, I tried to convince Mr Paul that I was ready to pay the same amount as foriegners paid and being a person who truly admired kerala cooking, I could be given one slot.. at their conveince. Mr Paul promised to get back to me but he never did. What I guess is that they are conducting their business through private operators and travel agents etc... Looks like this is a place which has become highly commercialised. First signs of a place a true food lover should avoid. Mrs Nimmy we wish you the very best in your food business, howewer, please do understand that if all of us were catering for only foreigners like you do, then we would be still under british rule. Iam sure your laundary man in not british, your milk man is not American, your maid is not german....... then why ma'am are you catering to only foreigners. sad very sad and please if you are booked please reply and say so. guys let me tell you kerala cooking is so much fun and there are many more options available in cochin and areas around to learn kerala food.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo