All reviewscoconut milkcooking demonstrationsouthern indiaher husbandcookbookcuisine
Reviewed 21 May 2012

What a pleasure to spend my first evening in Kochi with Nimmy and Paul. We cooked, ate and had some great conversations. This was one of the best meals I had so far in India. I learned all about the ingredients that are typically used in the cuisine of Southern India, as well as some hints on spices. Thank you for your warm hospitality and knowledge.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Travelher62
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Both Nimmy and Paul were so welcoming! Nimmy provided us with recipe books to take with us so you could concentrate more on the cooking lesson without worrying about writing it all down. Nimmy is a very good teacher - she didn't just run through the recipe but also covered useful cooking tips. We all sat in the garden afterwards to eat together - the food we had here was some of the best we'd had on our whole trip. Would definitely recommend this course - a really fun day and good value!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jen___83378
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stopped off for a meal and a cookery demonstration at Nimmy & Paul's beginning of November while on our tour of India. A fantastic experience an excellent meal and a very informative cookery demonstration of some of the courses we had been served. A really homely welcome was made and a real taste of Indian cooking with out the ''heat'' was served.
Well worth a visit was a real highlight of our tour.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MalViDroitwichWorcs
Reviewed 8 October 2011

My friend and I stayed at Nimmy and Paul's for slightly less than 24 hours, and never wanted to leave! We initially read about Nimmy and Paul's on Trip Advisor, and since we love Indian food and wanted to learn how to cook these delicious meals, it seemed like the perfect choice and we were not disappointed in the least. Nimmy gave us a mini cookbook and taught us simple ways to create these gourmet-tasting traditional South Indian dishes - some of the best Indian food we've had since arriving in India. She amended our cooking lessons to include specific dishes that we told her we wanted to learn to cook.

From the moment we walked in the front door, the hospitality was impeccable. Both Nimmy and Paul seemed to know what we wanted/needed even before we knew. We are students who had been traveling in India for the past two months and Nimmy insisted on washing all of our clothes, since we had been washing them by hand since we arrived in India. We came back to our room later that day to find our fresh laundry folded on our bed - truly a nice surprise. Nimmy also knew that we would be taking a long, overnight bus ride when we left their house, and arranged for us to have an early dinner and then packed more food for us to take on the bus in case we got hungry. My friend and I were amazed at their kindness and generosity, and agreed that it was the most "at home" we have felt since arriving in India.

I am now confident in my ability to whip up some of the relatively simple but delectable South Indian dishes, and can't wait to cook them for my friends and family when I get home! Our stay with Nimmy and Paul has been one of the absolute highlights of our trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Georgica13
Reviewed 17 April 2011

My friend and I stayed with Nimmy and Paul one night, had a private cooking lesson, and ate great food at every meal. Their house and garden are beautiful, our room was air conditioned, and Nimmy teaches out in a little demonstration kitchen set up in the shade looking out at the garden. She showed us how to make simpler dishes so that we would be more likely to make them back at home, but they were delicious. The class wasn't hands-on, but that ended up being just fine, especially since there were only two of us with her: she made sure that we watched closely and understood things like changes in texture.

Nimmy and Paul also gave us tips on where to go to buy spices and tins (I wanted a tiffin carrier!), and we had fun shopping. They were also helpful in coordinating with a local music teacher so that we were able to do the singing, cooking and shopping all in one day. Whew!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends