US$ 113
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 132/night.

US$ 86
Trident, Cochin(Kochi (Cochin))
US$ 80
US$ 60
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 70/night.

Radisson Blu Kochi(Ernakulam)
US$ 93
US$ 64
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 79/night.

US$ 50
US$ 37
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 41/night.

Palm Grove Service Villa(Ernakulam)(Great Value!)
US$ 21
US$ 16
US$ 82
US$ 70
Priceline
All reviewscoconut milkcooking demonstrationsouthern indiaher husbandcookbookcuisine
Reviewed 17 April 2011

My friend and I stayed with Nimmy and Paul one night, had a private cooking lesson, and ate great food at every meal. Their house and garden are beautiful, our room was air conditioned, and Nimmy teaches out in a little demonstration kitchen set up in the shade looking out at the garden. She showed us how to make simpler dishes so that we would be more likely to make them back at home, but they were delicious. The class wasn't hands-on, but that ended up being just fine, especially since there were only two of us with her: she made sure that we watched closely and understood things like changes in texture.

Nimmy and Paul also gave us tips on where to go to buy spices and tins (I wanted a tiffin carrier!), and we had fun shopping. They were also helpful in coordinating with a local music teacher so that we were able to do the singing, cooking and shopping all in one day. Whew!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank moontravelbean
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We arrived in Cochin on the 18th of January on the Silversea Silver Wind. We had seen that this was an excursion offered by Silversea and did some research on Nimmy & Paul via the internet well in advance and noticed that they could be booked directly which we did. We were a party of 6 (5 great cooks, and me) and Paul was very prompt in his replies to our email inquiries. He was even kind enough to arrange a taxi for us for the day which we paid directly to the driver however Paul made sure we got superior quality at a reasonable price. Our research paid off and we were able to secure NImmy & Paul's services for the full day at a significant savings from the ship price. (We prefer to book our tours directly rather than through the ship to be able to customize our days to suit us and the price is always more reasonable)
When we arrived at about 11 in the morning Nimmy & Paul were both there to greet us and welcomed us into their beautiful home. We had a short chat and then it was off to work in the lovely back yard which doubles as an outdoor kitchen/instruction area. It was a warm day and they both made sure that the fans were directed towards us and we were comfortable. We had a demonstration for about 5 dishes and then we sat down to have a wonderful lunch. During the morning instruction Nimmy endured many questions about spices, technique, and pots. Nimmy was assisted in her prep work by Baby, who was wonderful. Baby did not speak, however always had a smile, adding to the pleasant day. After lunch, NImmy and Paul found out from us where we wanted to tour and what items we wanted to buy and instructed the taxi driver where to take us. We saw the most popular tourist areas and purchased spices and pots. Nimmy and Paul did not accompany us as a previous poster has suggested. We then were taken back to Nimmy & Paul's to have a beautiful dinner. Because Nimmy had to receive the tour from our ship, she was not able to spend time with us, however Paul and their son Joseph did sit with us as we ate and were terrific company. After dinner, Nimmy did come to say goodbye, and sent us off to the Broadway Market to buy some more pots. Our taxi then took us back to the ship.

In short, Nimmy, Paul and Baby were wonderful people and accomodated our many requests. I would not hesitate to recommend Nimmy & Paul for a day of cooking to anyone who has an interest in Kerala cookery. Their home was spotless, comfortable, and quiet and the yard was beautifully maintained. We have already recommended them to travellers and would not hesitate to send anyone there way.

All of our group are fairly well travelled and this was truly one of the best days we have ever arranged.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank imlostagain
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We enjoyed our morning with Nimmy who is a wonderful teacher and charming hostess. My husband and I cooked in the garden with Nimmy and when she found out that it was my husband's birthday - a special dessert was prepared for him. It was so special to spend some time with Nimmy and Paul in their beautiful home and to share a meal with them at the end of cooking Thank you both for a wonderful experience

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2011

This was to be the hilight of my cruise with Silverseas our cookery course in Cochin, we were shoved in the garden because she had spent all day with her other guest, no hands on just a very tired demonstration, the food was tastless. On asking her about different herbs & spices, she was very vague didnt seem to know the diferent types of chillis, she used fresh tamerind which I said we couldnt get but we could get tamarind past, she said it was not the same!! on returning to our boat, we complained as this was desgracefull at 199 us dollars

Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank cherylq
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I spent two days with Nimmy Paul in September 2010. Those two days were undoubtedly one of the highlights of my trip to India.

Nimmy is a fantastic teacher. She did a very thorough job of asking what specifically I wanted to learn and for what purpose, for what audience, etc., so that she could suggest the recipes that were most appropriate to what I wanted to learn. I've taken cooking courses around the world and at culinary schools, and Nimmy is at the tops.

Nimmy and Paul have a beautiful welcoming home, and all of the cooking takes place in her kitchen. This is a rare opportunity to be in a family's kitchen, you can see how Nimmy stores her spices, all of the different cookware she uses, etc. Nimmy explained all of her cooking techniques and why she did what she did, and was very patient in answering my many questions. I learned so many great recipes and techniques that I will be able to recreate at home. Everything she made was delicious. One of my favorite things was learning how to make coconut milk from the fresh coconuts they have growing in their yard.

Nimmy's husband Paul was a great resource and took us out for shopping. He took us to an incredible meat, fish and fruit/veg market that I would never have found as a tourist. He also took us to the appropriate stores where I could buy the various ingredients and cookware that I wanted. Having someone who was local to the area guide me around was priceless.

If you are interested in learning more about the cuisine of Kerala - look no further!!!! Anyone would be very fortunate to meet and learn from Nimmy Paul.

• Stayed: September 2010