See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 January 2015

Dear All,

This place is completely unclean and unsafe, ok there is a English lady doing some english breakfast, but that is a completely different restaurant, and nothing to do with the rooms or hotel. I found the following :

1. All staff members were stoned and high on some drugs.
2. No water sometimes,no cleaner . You might have to share a room with the staff.
3. tolets are like public toilets :)
4. dont know who the owner is.
5. Whole staff has young boys , who invite some white girls to play card in the evening.
6. whole staff and boys enjoy daily evening on the roof top restaurant, with some drungs,alchol and etc.
7. The rooms were totally dirty.
8. I saw a room that was given to me fr 1600 Rs per night rented out for 500/- Rs for three backpakers.
9. Staff sleeps somewhere in the lane/path of walking ;).

This place not safe fir bagpackers. family guys cannot even think about this. Lot of stuff going on in the background , I hope some day these guys get busted. If u really care about ur safety as a traveler or bag packer stay away from this place !.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Nitin B
Reviewed 10 January 2015

Spotted this English cafe on the ground floor of Padikkal Residency. Lynn (from good old England) runs the place with two Indian guys. She had English tea on the menu (Tetleys) and sometimes has Yorkshire tea too - both perfect!!

The first day I had the full English breakfast - Toms, fried egg, REAL BACON, Hienz baked beans, fried bread and English cheddar!!!! Unfortunately mushrooms and sausages are off the menu as it's extremely hard to come by good quality.

The second day I had the club sandwich! So tasty and delicious, hit the spot!

Our friends had muesli which they said was excellent and very filling!

Lynn is very nice and polite, and even gave me a drink for a dodgy belly, which helped massively!! Thanks :)

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is missing home a bit or just wants to have really good food, tea and coffee.

Lyyn you do a grand job and I wish you all the luck for the future :)

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Lee D
Reviewed 1 January 2015

The hotel is nice, room are big with attached bathrooms. Staff are friendly and very accommodating. The best part about our experience was the Coffee Shop located at the entrance. The lady running it, Lynn, has got such a good set up. After travelling india for 6 weeks all we wanted was proper English food and that's what we got. Comfy settings with brilliant hospitality. Make sure you pop in for a milkshake!!

Date of stay: December 2014
Reviewed 12 December 2014

Was very surprised when I passed this place! I just wanted a sit down and a coffee, it was lovely the decor in the coffee lounge area was beautiful and the lady who ran it is English! And all homemade food. I enjoyed a lovely cappuccino and a piece of homemade carrot cake nice relaxing place worth a visit. Oh and free Internet.

Room tip: I only went to the coffee lounge but the Homestay appeared to be busy
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We found this place unexpectedly, and we had a really good time there. They helped us plan all our outdoor trips including the elephant and waterfall trip which was amazing. if your looking for good value for money and good service then I would recommend it.

Date of stay: June 2014