1,533 results
All reviews princess suite the chinese fishing nets outdoor shower fort cochin garden cottage tower room jasmine flowers swimming pool indian music wonderful hotel loved this hotel lovely pool colonial style old world charm boutique hotel small hotel jew town
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This was indeed one of our favourite hotels ever. The building itself is charming, and the hotel has been beautifully and tastefully furnished and decorated. We loved the room, the small pool and garden, the food, the location, the vintage Ambassador....pretty much everything really. Our children were particularly impressed with the kittens in the garden!

Jude, who runs the hotel, was very helpful and recommended a houseboat company - Lakes and Lagoons - which we were delighted with. The rest of the staff were lovely, although waiter service was a little slow at times.

We had booked the Princess Suite which is really gorgeous and huge, (loads of room for two extra beds for the children - also scattered with jasmine petals at bedtime to match our bed) with a separate sittingroom and a balcony over the front of the hotel, and a semi-openplan bathroom behind the bed. Unfortunately the previous occupants had not left when we arrived (we were told by staff that they were unwell, but they certainly didn't look ill when we saw them bounding up the stairs 10 minutes later having obviously been out all day...), so we spent our first night in the Palace suite. This is a lovely room too, but not in the same league as the Princess....

We loved staying here, and look forward to returning some day soon.

Room Tip: The Princess Suite is amazing
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank indiaeaster11
Reviewed 29 July 2011

One of the best heritage hotels I stayed in during a 6 week trip, great room which have both old world charm and modern facilities. Great staff who go out of their way to help.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Loved the place.. Staff is very warm and welcoming.. The hotel is not very big.. tucked in cosely in Fort Cochin.. the hotel is beautiful with indian rustic feel touch to their rooms but at the same tiem equipped with all modern ammenities..
Services have a very personla touch..
Will highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a relaxing experience

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Wonderful location rooms and pool. Superb ambience driven by some of the most professional hotel management I have come across. The risotto and the dal were utterly delicious. Would rank with the best European small boutique hotels.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Having spent a week working non-stop in Bangalore, I was exhausted when I arrived at the Old Harbour. By the time I got there, it was 10pm-ish, Sukansh (spelling) was wonderful, made sure that I could still order food since I wouldn't be able to get anything to eat if I had waited. It was too short of a trip and I'd definitely return. I appreciate the way they treated their clients so well that I just signed up an account on this website in order to thank them, 6 months later. It was my first time visiting India and I was traveling solo, they made me feel so welcome, so at ease, I wish there are more of this hotel around the world. Thanks Bala.
p.s., i love the lemon grass water that they use to wash the floor.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo