Our last CGH Earth property in Kerala and lovely. Historical building tastefully restored. Huge reception area. Nice room on the second floor - rooms all overlook the water - ours the pool too. Small balcony to sit out and look at the sea. Nice size room huge lovely bathroom - all new fixtures - big shower with great water pressure. Lovely simple and tasteful furnishing and fabrics and lighting fixtures. A bit monastic but clean and simple. In keeping with the history of the town. We spent our first afternoon by the pool. Unfortunately they took all of the umbrellas for a garden party in the courtyard. Actually the courtyard had tree shading while there is no refuge by the pool. It is relentlessly hot and not a bit of shade to be had. They need to have heavy umbrellas for the pool and the lighter umbrellas for the garden party/lunches. It is not right to inconvenience hotel residents for group lunches that come in from outside. The pool itself is fine - not huge but refreshing. Sometimes the smell of fuel comes in from the ferry, tankers, ships going up and down the harbor. But that can't be helped. Ear plugs are complimentary in each room for the ferry horn that starts at 6AM every day. Lunch at the cafe by the pool was okay - though service was very slow. Breakfast was okay but don't get the Eggs Bendict. Keep it Indian or keep it simple. Very good pastries though and excellent coffee. Dinner in the historic room was delicious - excellent fish and superb desserts. Very high quality and good value too. Staff here are great - the Indian foods along the road finally got to me at this point and I had to call a doctor - the hotel was all over it and within 30 minutes a doctor was there - I was given an injection, some special antibiotics (all for $32) and was fine to travel the next day - the manager called to check on me and no request was too big - rice, yoghurt, soup broth, what ever I needed. Internet worked with no problems - again free with CGH Earth. I would definitely stay here again in Fort Cochi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This CGH Earth property is located in Fort Cochin, right in the middle of all the historic monuments, right in front of the mouth of the harbour, and with a magnificent view of all the grand ships coming into Cochin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ClearTrip, TravelGuru, Yatra, MakeMyTrip, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Brunton Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunton Boatyard Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Brunton Boatyard Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
- Brunton Boatyard Cochin