One of the highlights of a stay at Brunton Boatyard is the view across the harbour, where there are always boats of all sizes going to and fro. We could have watched it for hours. This hotel is full of character, close to the tourist centre of old Cochin and the chinese fishing nets, has a lovely terrace with pool and two excellent restaurants. The room was very comfortable, though the beds are immensely high, apparently a local custom, and the staff very helpful. The hotel's sunset cruise was delightful. Room service was a little erratic, though, with some discrepancy between what we ordered and what actually arrived - a small problem, however!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This CGH Earth property is moored on a historic stretch of Cochin's famed harbour , The Brunton Boatyard Hotel was resurrected from the remains of a Victorian shipyard. Today, it gives the modern traveller a unique opportunity to dwell amidst the shadow plays of 19th century history. Living All of the Brunton Boatyard Hotel's 22 rooms overlook the sea, and so, by happy circumstance, do the en-suite bathrooms. Dining The Brunton Boatyard Hotel is your chance to dine from, literally, a melting pot. All the cultures that came to the Malabar Coast over three centuries can be sampled in a single evening. Discovering Armed with a map and some comfortable footwear, you can tour the historic Fort Cochin area where the hotel stands. Sadly, little remains of the fort itself, but the other legacies of history are everywhere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MakeMyTrip, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Yatra and TravelGuru so you can book your Brunton Boatyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brunton Boatyard Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Brunton Boatyard Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
- Brunton Boatyard Cochin