It's a bit of a hike to anywhere from the hotel but you can take a boat from the hotel (minutes to Fort Kochi) or walk 5 minutes and take a ferry. That's the only downside - apart from the Chinese restaurant. (Can't work out why there is a Chinese restaurant. This hotel is in India.)
Superb service, a good to very good restaurant and a bar with a distinctly colonial feel, an excellent swimming pool and all with interesting harbour views. The rooms are large and comfortable and many have striking views. (Don't open the window unless you want to have that "I have been on holiday and been bitten" look.)
It's truly a comfortable place to stay with pleasant old world, other world feel.
I have stayed several times and I hope to be back. Soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Willingdon Island with a magnificent view of Cochin harbour, Vivanta by Taj - Malabar is a fine balance between yesterday and tomorrow. Our lobby is a unique mix of chic and classic. The heritage wing, built in 1935, reflect the inherent beauty of Cochin. And the tower wing houses newly renovated guestroom suites, each a delicate mix of the classic with the contemporary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, MakeMyTrip, Yatra, TravelGuru, DerbySoftTaj, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Malabar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Taj Malabar Cochin Kochi
- Taj Malabar Cochin Hotel Kochi
- Vivanta By Taj - Malabar Kochi (Cochin), Kerala