New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Comfortable and affordable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trident, Cochin

Trident, Cochin
Ranked #26 of 200 Hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Melbourne, Australia
“Comfortable and affordable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed at the Trident, overnight, before heading to a backwater cruise in Kerala. For an overnight stay the hotel had everything that we wanted. It was clean and comfortable, with a good standard of service. I would happily stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and service at all times

Warm Regards

email : amit.saincher@tridenthotels.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We chose trident for a day stay between allepey and munnar.the suite was great with a pool facing view.Staff was warm and friendly.There was a goof up in room breakfast but they made for it by complementary services.Good relaxing stay!!

Room Tip: Deluxe suite is spacious with a pool facing view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Trident, Cochin!

Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

The Trident is a very good business hotel and adequate for seminars. Don't book this hotel if you are a tourist. It is too far from the old part of Cochin.
Rooms are clean, staff is kind, kitchen is good. There is nice pool. The location is not very nice, industrial and remote.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 20 February 2012

Greetings from Trident, Cochin

Thank you for sparing time and posting your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We have noted your feedback on the location of the hotel and agree that it is a little away from the city. On the contrary there is easy access to Fort Cochin and the main city via ferries and by road and the location does offer the hotel a calm and serene atmosphere.

Warm Regards

Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Located in a peaceful and secure area of Cochin. From airport takes an hour to reach at night and over 90 minutes in day time. Around 30 min from most Cochin interest places. Rooms are neat but small. Amenities are basic and could be better. Same for staff eficiency. Breakfast buffet is disappointing in spread and taste to say the least. No lunch buffet. Would rate as 4 star and recommend looking for alternatives.

Room Tip: Pool facing
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
tridentcochin-kochi, General Manager at Trident, Cochin, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Guest

Greetings from Trident, Cochin

I have noted your feedback on the buffet breakfast and staff efficiency and the same has been taken up with the team. I assure you that we will give this feedback the seriousness it deserves and will work on it.

email : amit. saincher@tridenthotels.com
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

This is a great hotel with all the amenities. I see some comments about the food but I have to say the food quality and selection was wonderful. It is away from some of the sites but that mean it's quiet too. You don't need to leave the facility, there is an indoor and outdoor restaurant serving Indian and American foods. There is a beautiful pool and gardens - see my pictures - and several setting areas. I can't say enough about the service. Everyone tries to please but especially - and I wish I could remember her name - a beautiful young woman that works at the front desk. I had emailed her about making reservations in the spa, while waiting to check in she approached me and assured me she had taken care of that and answered any questions I had. I think hotels in India need to employee more women, men can get the job done but so can women and they show attention to detail that is sorely lacking with men!! She also helped me with some shopping, and upon returning she helped me by talking about the different fabrics, what was a good buy and what wasn't. I just can't say enough good things about her.
This hotel has a salon and a little shop that has fantastic crafts and books. The woman in the shop- can't remember her name either - was kind and even offered to help me learn some Hindi phrases. She explained in detail where things were made and when we needed something she didn't have she had somehow got a hold of it the next time we came in. Superb service.

Room Tip: overlooking the pool is nice
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple