Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from US$ 26.00
from US$ 119.60
from US$ 112.50
More Info
All reviews two nights night tour house boat excellent driver southern india peter babu backwaters arrangements doubts
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2015

I have contacted Peter to organise my transportation whilst in Kochi and he's been simply fabulous. He worked closely with me to customise an itinerary that works and covers what I was after. Replies are prompt and not missing a beat.

Whilst we were there, we were caught in a local strike in Munnar and both Peter and Suresh (driver) have been very good at managing it. Peter had been in touch to make sure that we understood what was happening and suggested alternatives.

Suresh had also been fab and very prompt in timings and very flexible. He seems to always be around when we needed him despite our last minute change of plans! (We've grown very fond of him over the week and was sad to say goodbye)

Although I haven't used Carnival tours for accommodation, I have no doubt that Peter will see to your needs.

Thank you Peter and Suresh for a wonderful experience! I have no doubt we'll see you again in the future!

Date of experience: September 2015
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
CarnivalToursTravels, Guest Relations Manager at Carnival Tours & Travels, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Dear Madam,

Happy to know you had a great tour with and satisfied with our services

Looking Forward to serve you many more times in mere future Regards

Kerala Taxis | Kerala taxi Services |Kerala car rentals

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

We had a v wonderful tour with Carnival tour.Our driver is Biju,he is one of the best drivers I have ever met.We are a family of 2 adults and 2 young babies and I have never felt safer .Although there were some places that we couldn't visit in Munnar due to the strikes ,Peter made last min arrangements for us to go back to Kochi to resume our tour there.Our children also vomited q a few times in the car but Biju our driver was often patient and never made us feel bad or anything.
We will miss u Biju and Peter!

Kerala Tour Packages | Kerala Family Tour Packages

Reviewed 8 September 2015

I was a little skeptical with the mini bus that came to collect us at the hotel, it was old and rickety. We also stopped rather unexpectedly somewhere at the side of the road, near a convenience stall, with no word from the driver that we were going to be dropped off here to buy anything we needed and our destination was just a 5 min short walk down the road. So that was unexpected and slightly disconcerting.
However once got to the boat which is rowed by 2 men with a long bamboo stick, it was all good. We also had an English speaking tour guide who was knowledgeable and spoke with such zest about the various points of interest.
We went down the backwaters which were absolutely tranquil, peaceful and beautiful. (except for two extremely talkative and loud children on our tour, but hopefully everyone else has better luck).
We were also taken to two villages and had home made lunch on a little island. (I had no stomach problems after so don't be put off by the raw and unadorned surroundings)
It was a lovely day out to see why kerala's been call kerala god's own country,

2  Thank smoey021

Dear Madam,

Thanks for the review about us on TripAdvisor .

But note mentioned tour was not conducted or organized by our company

Kerala Tour Packages | Kerala Family Tour Packages

Reviewed 7 September 2015

I looked on tripadvisor prior to booking with Carnival Tours. After I had booked with Carnival I began having some regrets about booking a holiday in India particularly over the fiasco of obtaining a Tourist Visa and this short stay in India was a last minute addon to our holiday in Sri Lanka.

On arrival at Kochi Airport we were met by a representative of Carnival Tours who lead us to our Car where we were met by Peter, and Suresh our Driver. We left the airport and drove straight to our Hotel in Kochi Fort, Tissas Inn. We checked in at the hotel which was furnished with antiques. Peter had arranged for a guide to meet us for an afternoon tour of the Fort which was very informative and our guide was excellent.

We continued our tour visiting Allepy, Thekkady and Munnar. We did not enjoy our stay in the Treehouse and were booked in for two nights. We told Suresh that we did not want to stay another night in the Treehouse and were expecting to pay extra for an alternative hotel, much to our delight Peter had arranged an alternative hotel at no extra cost within minutes of our conversation with Suresh.

We were both more than satisfied with what Peter and his team did, and I would highly recommend Carnival's Tours. The only negative aspect is that we both wished we had spent more time in India and less time in Sri Lanka!!

Peter I look forward to visiting again and booking with you, many thanks.

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank RalphB245

Kerala Tour Packages | Kerala Honeymoon Tour Packages

Reviewed 2 September 2015

I traveled to India with a few friends on a very last minute and very ambitious itinerary, involving few day stops in both North and South India. I quickly found that it was a little bit harder to plan logistics for Kerala, as there are not only an abundance of options but limited online resources. I'm an avid independent traveler, so it was initially difficult for me to resort to consulting help from a professional planner, but I'm so glad I did. The trip that Peter custom designed for me and my friends couldn't have been more perfect. He is very quick to reply, and give advice. For instance, my friends and I initially wanted to stay in the tree house in Munnar, but he gently dissuaded us because we would be traveling in monsoon season. Sure enough, when we got to our destination, we realized we could have never stayed in a swaying tree with all that wind. I feel like that speaks to the value of this company and to the people who run it: they really will give you the best possible experience and not just take your money and send you on a cookie-cutter trip. Peter even met up with our group at our hotel in Cochin to send us off on our Munnar/backwater excursions and he was every bit as pleasant in person as he was over email.
I very highly recommend this company. For all that we received, it seemed like a steal.

Date of experience: June 2015