“AMAZING AMBIANCE”

Stanley Wilson Day Tours
Ranked #7 of 71 Tours in Kochi (Cochin)
More attraction details
Owner description: Backwater cruise in a shaded canoe boat. This will offer you a special experience. This trip would be superb for those who are willing to be away from sound and noises of busy life.. We operate this cruise in a calm and quiet area where you can know about the insides of village.The trip starts on early morning 6:30 ans end on evening 3:30 and it includes breakfast and lunch for the day and you can enjoy activities like feeding and bathing elephant.
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Mr. Stanley was very a kind man. I anxiously wanted to go to Allepay to catch a houseboat and even though Mr. Stanley doesn't have his houseboats there, because I requested him, he helped me in a very altruistic manner. The friend he got me in touch was also very polite and helpful . Stanley Very nice gentleman, good aura and. I would recommend any of my friends to visit him. I didn't get a chance to visit Munaar but saw pictures and the way Mr. Stanley behaved I would trust the man. Thank you Stanley Wilson. Goodluck

1  Thank Kunal A
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I went to see Stanley Wilson in Fort Cochin after a recommendation from a couple of other travellers I met. They had told me that Misty Green View, the place they stayed in Munnar on a one-night tour, was a lovely spot.

I did not want to go on a tour, but to visit Munnar under my own steam. Mr Wilson was very kind and helpful - he called the Munnar tourist office for me, and I spoke to a lady called Rosemary who found me a room in a guesthouse for that night and the next. He also told me which bus I could get to Munnar, and when the buses left.

For the third night, there was a room available at Misty Green View, Mr Wilson's place, so I stayed there for one night. The room was small but clean and cosy, and the terrace out the front is the place with that view! Loungy chairs to sit back and drink it in at sunset, then a banana-leaf thali-style dinner at the communal table with the other guests, and breakfast of bread, jam, tea and juice on the terrace in the morning.

It's about 5km out of Munnar town and very peaceful (unless the dogs start up with the howling, but they didn't keep it up for long...). Go, take a book, take a walk through the tea hills then sit and enjoy a read on the balcony with the knockout view.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

We did an overnight houseboat cruise through the back waters and it was great! We have spoken to a few people that did different boat trips elsewhere and were underwhelmed. What makes Stanley's different and great is that we were the only 2 people on the boat and there were no other tourist boats. Great food and we visited a fantastic fish market at the beach. Stanley is a really nice guy who is genuine about eco-tourism - something and someone worth supporting!!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

We have been unfortunately only 1 night at Misty Green! We regret that we didn't booked more nights there. At this Misty Green View is something so special, really MAGIC !! The view is incredible!! The room was very nice and clean with warm colors decorated and the food was excellent!! Thank you Robin for this excellent food !! And thank you also so much to Mr. Wilson for this magic tour with this perfect organisation!

Reviewed 23 January 2012

From the very start, Stanley Wilson made us feel at ease. He explained his Kerala travel packages in a very clear and low-pressure way. And off we went ! After surviving insane taxi drivers across India, our driver Justin was a wonderful oasis of calm. He offered lots of great commentary and didn't mind our many requests for photo stops. Hey if I keep writing at this pace, I'll soon surpass "War and Peace". So suffice it to say that the 3 tours run by Stanley Wilson are very well organised and make you feel like you've left the standard tourist route. His accomodations offer great views, plenty of atmosphere and delicious meals. It's rare that I recommend someone so strongly, but Stanley and his team deserve it.

1  Thank ericinparis