“Unexpectedly, surprisingly good”
Review of Cafe Crafters

Cafe Crafters
Ranked #59 of 947 Restaurants in Kochi (Cochin)
Cuisines: Cafe, International
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
upstate ny
“Unexpectedly, surprisingly good”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Was wandering around Jew Town's antique shops with a friend one sunny monsoon-season day. We realized we were hungry and hadn't eaten lunch. Cafe Crafters seemed to be the only place open. We decided to try it. I'm glad we did! We both had traditional South Indian dishes...prawns and fish curry with appam. Delicious! I returned the following Sunday (for more antiques, and more food...I've yet to decide about the antique Ganesha, but I'll be back for more appam!)
I enjoyed sitting on the balcony overlooking the street, and loved the woodcarving on the ceiling tiles. I even took photos.
I suspect this place is very busy during the high season. It's small, and there aren't many tables. I'm glad I was able to enjoy a couple of leisurely meals here in June.

• Visited June 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
Kochi (Cochin), India
“lingering taste”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Had heard of Cafe Crafters and dropped in for lunch while visiting Jew Town in Mattancherry. Very nice ambiance to go with their mainstay business - antiques!
Ordered Kerala fish curry meals - the food was typical Kerala preparation - special mention has to be made about the Mathi (sardine) peera pattichathu and the meen pattichathu.

The desert - home made chocolate cake served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream was sinfully delicious. The taste lingers.

the service was very good and the place is very cozy.

• Visited July 2011
UK
“watch the world go by”
Reviewed 20 January 2011

This cafe is above shops so all you can see is the stairs and a balcony we took a chance and were pleasantly surprised. The café was very clean and decorated really nicely, the upstairs location meant it was great for watching the shoppers below strolling around the antique shops. We watched a neighbouring table get served first and thier salads were large and impresive, when our food arrived it was nicely presented and tasty, was also the best cold coffee and ice cream, so we had seconds!

• Visited December 2010