US$ 114
  • Pool
US$ 60
  • Pool
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 109/night.

US$ 109
Taj Hotels
  • Free Breakfast
Palm Grove Service Villa(Ernakulam)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$ 21
US$ 78
US$ 66
US$ 75
US$ 59
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 83/night.

Radisson Blu Kochi(Ernakulam)
US$ 84
US$ 69
US$ 53
US$ 42
US$ 93
US$ 87
Agoda.com
Cherai Beach Resorts(Cherai Beach)
US$ 51
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewsjoy and jaicyfort cochinlovely familyorganise thingswarm homea small sitting areahomemade breakfasthome stayindian breakfastquiet lanea lovely stayprivate bathroomlovely coupleclean roomsrecommend staying herestayed longerfirst stop
Reviewed 23 November 2017

This is a family homestay located in a quiet residential part of the Fort Cochin area. Joy and Jaicy are a lovely couple with a lovely young family and were keen to make sure all the guests were happy.
The rooms were cleaned pretty much every day when I was out and about and fresh bedding and towels provided. The bed is large and comfortable.
I had the room with a lovely little balcony (just enough for two seats) so I could wash my own clothes and hang them out in the sun to dry. The room also has a wall mounted air conditioning unit and a ceiling fan - both of which were very effective. It had its own toilet/shower and sink in an adjoining room - all of which worked perfectly.

It was a remarkable experience watching their friends and neighbours go about their daily routines and it allowed me to witness first hand how it is to live in the neighbourhood. People in the area were very friendly.

The room next door to mine had an air conditioning unit that was mounted on the wall outside next to my balcony - and I did find that it was a bit noisy and interrupted my sleep. I mentioned it to Joy in the morning and by the time i had come back that evening an engineer had been to the property and repositioned it on the roof. It was completely silent after that.

Breakfast is in the family area on the ground floor and is very sociable occasion....meeting other residents etc and talking about your pans for the day.

Both Jaicy and Joy clearly make a real effort to make sure you are comfortable and are ready to help with any information about the local area, where to eat, taxis etc.

This was my first solo trip and my first to India and I have to say I think I was very lucky to have booked with the Lazar Residency because they made sure I was very comfortable and helped me with anything I needed.
I really enjoyed my stay which was made even better by the fact that my neighbour in the room next door was over from Denmark on a solo trip so we spent a lot of time walking around, shopping and eating together. This was a lovely unexpected bonus and we are remaining in contact.
I would recommend this place to any of my friends if they were travelling to the area.
Thank you Joy and Jaicy!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
fortcochininn, Owner at Lazar Residency Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Thanks Martin for your wonderful words. Hope to see you in near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

First trip to India, we stayed 2 nights here. Great big room and good bathroom. Very clean too. Really good location with an easy 5 min walk to nearly everything but in a lovely quiet spot. You really don’t want to be near a road.The family are lovely, helpful attentive organised a taxi to pick us up and to go to our next destination. Organised tickets for us and gave us maps of the area and wrote down some great restaurant names... it s really not a lot of money for what you get, oh and you get to have breakfast with the family which was great,

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mandafell
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely homestay in Fort Cochin close to the main sites & restaurants.
Room was comfortable & clean. Outside seating area was great for relaxing after a day exploring.
Homemade breakfast with the family was a bonus.
Would easily stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this great homestay for 1 night and would definitely recommend. The location is brilliant and I'm walking distance to most things and the room was very clean with good AC. We had a delicious breakfast in the morning and were able to leave our bags all day before our evening train. When it came to getting our train there was torrential rain in Kochi but Joy organised a taxi for us and we made it to the station with plenty of time!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

This was our first stop on a three month tour in India, and it set a very high standard for the rest of our trip! Not only was the room clean and the location perfect, but the homemade breakfast everyday was delicious and every recommendation was helpful. They helped us with everything from touring the city to planning our future travel. Wonderful family with a warm home. Would recommend to anyone looking to visit Fort Kochi.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends