Lazar Residency Homestay
  • Pool
US$ 82
US$ 118
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 150/night.

Trident, Cochin(Kochi (Cochin))
US$ 65
US$ 45
US$ 37
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 48/night.

Palm Grove Service Villa(Ernakulam)(Great Value!)
US$ 21
US$ 18
US$ 111
US$ 76
Priceline
All reviewsjoy and jaicyfort cochinlovely familyorganise thingswarm homeevery morningfriendly hostsa small sitting areahomemade breakfasthome stayindian breakfastwithin walking distancequiet lanea lovely stayprivate bathroomlovely coupleclean rooms
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Well having spent five weeks with Joy, Jaicy and Family I feel I am in good position to give an honest and concise review of the home stay.
Firstly, I wish I had stayed longer, had it not been for family commitments I would have. Initially I chose Lazar because of the friendly manner in which they replied to my questions and emails. Other well known homestays I had contact with in Fort Cochin lacked a personal touch and seemed not bothered whether I stayed or not.
I started my research and contact with Joy and Jaicy a few months before departure and I am very glad that I had found them.
They arranged transfers for me and were there for my every need, they also gave me very good advice on places to visit and places to eat. They didn't try to push packages on me and activly encouraged my desire to get off the beaten track and away from popular tourist trips.
There are plenty of places to eat around the Fort, but honestly Jaicys cooking is up there with the best places I visited (beef roast was formidable).
Knowing that I was missing my daughter, the whole family made me feel one of the gang and I admit I had a smile on my face every day.

Lazar is a wonderful place to stay, my only regret is that I have to share it with you! as when I next visit, due to how many good reviews Lazars get, I can see that they become a first choice without need to research further. Meaning I will be sleeping on the roof.

I had a wonderful time here and Lazars is a fantastic place to use as a base to stop whilst you explore the rest of Kerala and I can't wait to see them again.

Mark Weyman, Gloucestershire.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Very friendly hosts. Rooms are good, location- excelent.
The food for breakfact, made by Jessy and Joy is great.
We came back after trip, as our prfered choice.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Lazar has the best location! Its not on the main road and Jaicy and Joy are one of the most helpful couples.
Joy asked us about our plans and informed us of the most economical and cheapest ways to get around. the bathroom was exceptionally clean, basic amentites were provided.
The breakfast was included too and it was really tasty. Maps are easily available, Wi-Fi is available too!
All the sightseeing places are pretty cluttered around the homestay and you can easily get around on your own.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed at Lazar over New Year's, and had a great time in Cochin. I found it really difficult to navigate the winding streets of Fort Cochin, and Lazar is tucked away on a side street. However, you can definitely get a map, and the homestay is very close to all sites. The rooms are very clean with private bathrooms, fans, screened in windows. I didn't think A/C was necessary in December/January. Jaicy and Joy were both very accomodating in terms of helping us make plans, getting taxis to and from the airport, and enabling us to come and go as we pleased. And there was wi-fi! All in all, a great trip.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We had a great stay at Lazar Residency. Joy and Jaicy were very hospitable, the rooms are clean and nice, and the location was perfect for seeing the city. I would definitely recommend this homestay, especially if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends