“Great hospitality; fantastic food”

Eden Garden Heritage Homestay
Ranked #135 of 447 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We stayed here for four nights in December 2011 with our two daughters (4 and 1). It was our second stay at Eden Garden; our first visit was in January 2009.

Both times we had a very enjoyable stay. Judith, Mel and their family are very welcoming and happy to help whereever they can. We absolutely loved the Kerala breakfast and dinner! Definitely among the best food we've had in India!!

The room and bathroom were also fine and are fitted with mosquito screens. Judith and Mel provided an extra bed for the children.

The garden is lovely and there are plenty of birds. There are also some rabbits which our children liked to feed. As elsewhere in Fort Kochi, there are plenty of mosquitos though so repellent is a must if you want to enjoy the garden.

Overall, we had a great stay at Eden Garden and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
RoselandFortCochin, Manager at Eden Garden Heritage Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Eden Garden,

At the outset we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at on your recent trip to Kochi. We appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to write to us. I have shared your great words with my team and its a source of motivation for all of us

The philosophy of “total guest orientation & satisfaction” has been the guiding force behind the organization’s growth in years .....

If given the chance, we would like to host you again at Eden Garden.

Revenue Solutions

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Eden Garden Heritage Homestay

Reviewed 24 December 2011

I'm so glad I chose this place for the two nights I stayed in Fort Cochin. My room was on the upper floor where I had an incredible view of the little garden and pond in their compound. The room itself was very comfortable, clean, well-equipped and of decent size. The bathroom too was very clean with all the basic amenities and there is Internet access in the common room, . The best thing about Eden Garden homestay of course is their lovely garden with all the birds in it, the great location in the heart of Fort Cochin and Mel & Judith who make the most excellent, warm, friendly, attentive, efficient and helpful hosts. I had complimentary breakfast included with my reservation, and the morning when I needed to start off very early, Judith actually went through the trouble of putting together a huge, delicious South Indian breakfast for me at 5:30 in the morning, which was just incredibly sweet of her. I managed to loose my way on the way back late evening and Mel drove over to pick me. I was very touched by their random acts of kindness...
A great place to stay especially if it is your first visit to Fort Cochin and I warmly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Dear Cherylv,
Greetings from Eden Garden,
Thank you for applauding our warm services on this esteemed travel forum.

Personalized services combined with the mesmerizing views of our well-appointed accommodation have always garnered positive review from our guests.

It is always a delight to hear that our team hard work resulted to give our guest an experience at par excellence.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

We stayed here at the beginning and end of our 3 week trip in Kerala. Judith, Mel and family were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The fantastic breakfasts and delicious meals Judith cooked for us were a highlight of our holiday. The room was immaculately clean, service provided by Judith was of excellent high standard, she made us feel very comfortable and we felt sad to leave the warmth of the family. The location is off the main road, very easy and pleasant walk to fort cochin centre. We did walk to Matancherry, spice markets once but it is only a short rickshaw ride away if its too hot! This was the most hospitable and friendly homestay we stayed in on our trip. Highly recommended, we would definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the upstairs room which was clean, private and had air conditioning.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear John,
Greetings from Eden Garden,

We appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to write to us.
I have shared your great words with my team and its a source of motivation for us to perform each time.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

We spent a fair amount of time in Kochi and during our time we stayed at 3 different home stays. After our stay at Eden we looked at many other home stays (we made sure to really check the rooms and locale). I will start with the positive: the garden is beautiful, the space is very quiet and the family can be very nice and helpful.
We stayed at the Eden and it seemed as if we were the only guests although we were told the two upper floor rooms were taken (we never saw anyone come, go, eat or even a light go on?) I mention this because the first floor room is really dark, humid and funky (you can run the a.c. but then it's blowing freezing air over your face all night since it's directly over your head) and it is probably a little nicer on the second floor. The location is far away from the "town center" and good restaurants (a far walk or a short tuk tuk). And to top it off we were offered, and yes I am saying offered, an extra mattress (that we never used since it was as hard as a rock) and Judith tried to charge us 500 rupees a night for when we paid our bill (which we cut short in hopes of finding a nicer spot). All this for 3000 rupees a night and mega-mosquitos all the time.
We looked closer to town and found many other options for 1/2 to 3/4 of the price that were far nicer. I wish I could be more positive but as a family who uses trip advisor I wanted to be honest.

Room Tip: I would stay on the upper floors and haggle!!!! if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank familyfieldwork

Dear Richard,

We are in receipt of your review on this platform,
On rates part, we find ourselves very nominal as, we do not have base/ standard category rooms /facilities rather Deluxe and Super Deluxe Rooms / Facilities. Hence, rates are prettywise justified and all our Guest agree with the same.

We thank you once again...

Reviewed 6 November 2011

I had a lovely two days in the Eden Garden Homestay in the beginning of November 2011. Judith is a caring and warm hostess that makes sure that the guests have clean room, tasty food, kind conversation and all the good advice that they desire. The old house is a gem with the beautiful garden full of green palms and plants, little pond and the birds visiting. The whole family is engaged in the visitors well being and makes sure that the visit is a success. This is the nicest place that I have been in on my route through Kerala and I warmly recommend it to anyone who wants good value for money. You will get a good room with Internet access in the common room, meals in category "good and plenty" and you will meet a very friendly and welcomming Indian family as well as other travellers and enjoy the beautiful garden.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Dear Joanna,

We are in receipt of your review on this platform,
And, are pleased to note that you had a good time at our hotel & enjoyed our services. Team at Eden Garden always try & create the memorable holidays for each guest stays with us & they carry a great experience from Kerala.

We thank you once again...