“Friendly welcome in Cochin”

Reds Residency Homestay
Ranked #42 of 451 Kochi (Cochin) B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We received a very warm welcome at this guesthouse in Cochin, situated 15 mins walk from the town. The room was clean, large bathroom, cable tv and a very comfortable bed. The family speak excellent English and are very helpful with organizing transport and recommending places to eat and visit. They have wifi.
We had tea on arrival and fresh juices before we left again in the morning. We found Cochin expensive after our time in Varkala, however enjoyed our stay here immensely.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

I spent my first night in India at Maryann's and Philip's place, then took some days around in Kerala, and came back on my last day at their place. I enjoyed the stay at Reds Residency. I got two different rooms, both very clean, both with AC. Maryann served great food at breakfast and tea times, and provided me with plenty of advices to make my stay wonderful.
I really like the atmosphere and hospitality and recommend that place if you plan to stay in Fort Cochin.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Do to the fact that not all `Home Stay` residencies in the Province of Kerale - or in Fort Kochi for that matter - are referring to the same hi standard of room condition and service, I find it most relevant to put in a few word for Reds Residency in Fort Kochi / Cohin.
I’ve stayed in this residence - owned and carefully run by the extremely nice and informative plus very helpful English speaking couple, Philip and Mary Ann – for two periods, 11 days in total.
From my first arrival – with a noisy taxi driver at half past four o’clock in the morning – I felt welcome.
The rooms including the integrated bathrooms are exactly like you want rooms in India to be – big ones with high sealing and all equipped with a fan, air-condition and very comfortable beds.
The Reds do have my full respect, and should I ever return to Fort Kochi / Cohin I would not hesitate to give them a call and ask for one of their nicely decorated beautiful rooms.

Tage Seier Mikkelsen
Denmark

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We Indians are yet to catch on to the culture of staying at homestays than those highly overpriced luxury hotels :) I love homestays basically because it so warm to have like minded people around, curious tourists and lovely hosts. Reds Residency happened by chance, I chose the place for my two day stay in Fort Kochi and I must tell you that I would stay there everytime I revisit the city. Maryann is already a close friend and I have shared life's big secrets with her already :) She is lovely and makes you feel like one in the family. The hosts are extremely caring and do not invade your privacy. They are also very cool about the tariffs as I stayed for one and a half day and they cancelled a booking just for me. Usually I would end up paying for two days but I paid up only for one and a half day. Maryann makes sure you are fed well :) and really pampers you. She is your perfect guide to the city and you won't get a more vibrant one. The rooms are spick and span, modest and comfortable. It is also pretty close to all places in Fort Kochi, you wont have a problem going around. I didn't have the food but I can vouch that it would have been real good going with the standards they maintain. So if you are in Fort Kochi..go to Reds Residency.

2  Thank LekshmiNair
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Phillip and MaryAnn were wonderful hosts, who took time to discuss and plan a full week long stay in Kerela. We stayed at their homestay for two of the nights; The rooms were excellent with AC, and a nice clean bathroom. The breakfasts were good with lots to eat. Phillip helped to arrange a car to take us to Periyar, as well as suggested the place to stay, which was amazing. He also arranged the backwater boat tour, which was great, although if you are looking for a high-class boat, make sure to tell him and I'm sure he will arrange it for you, of course for a higher price. The boat we had was fine, but not the newest or cleanest. The chef, captain, and boatman were all wonderful and friendly and we had some truly memorable times for the two days were on the lakes. Thank you Phillip and Family for a wonderful stay in Fort Cochin.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
REDSFORT, Owner at Reds Residency Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Thank you for your review, we look forward to having your friends and family visit us in the future too. Thank you once again for your wonderful advice given to us against the experience your family had while on the Kerala tour.