See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

It was indeed an delightful experience. We stayed there for 2 days and both the ambiance and the staff behaviour made our stay even more special and beautiful. Staying at 'Methanam' is worthy enough in all aspects, Especially the beautiful backwaters and sunsets you are going to enjoy sitting at the poolside. Do pay a visit and experience it. Thank you for making us feel back home team Methanam.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Booked my party here, and when they get someone else in a higher place, they give to them without informing you. Very unprofessional! Never recommended. Poor customer support, the worst experience ever!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
amalkrishnan, Manager at Heritage Methanam, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Sir,

We regret the inconvenience you had to face. But we had informed the party that a small advance payment need to be made in order to confirm the booking, as we were having other inquiries for the same day. Unfortunately, we did not receive any such confirmation.

But, we sincerely apologize and will make sure no such situations arises again.

Looking forward serve you better next time.

Regards

Manager

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

A place away from the cities hustle and bustle giving you an exotic feel of the coaching backwaters.I have been to Methanam several times and always has been a fan of their exotic lunch menu.My family was equally happy with their hospitality and services.

It's a grand place for any small events like a baptism or a small crowd wedding reception.The crew is more than happy to help you arrange this place for your dream backwater functions.

To mention about the suites it gives you a feel of the ancient kerala houses. Taking you back to the amazing nalukettu feeling with a view of the amazing evening breeze back waters.

Me and my husband are big fans of the seafood spread they offer.All the way from United States we are we definetly never miss to drop in at Methanam for atleast once before we head back.

We arranged our alumini get togather once and must say the whole crowd was totally impressed by the ambience and the food spread.

Planning more get togather's out there.Methanam will never disappoint you.

Great going Team Methanam!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our last night in Kerala in January 2017.

Staff are full of smiles but unfortunately that's it. They don't speak English and are not trained properly. When we arrived we got smiles and a long form to fill out, and that was it. No warm welcome, no explanation of any facilities etc. It's a heritage hotel but the staff don't seem to appreciate that in that nobody mentions it, explains anything or tells you any history of the place.

The rooms are small, the walls have cracks, concrete marks, the bathroom is absolutely tiny and when you have a shower the water goes everywhere as there's no lip on the surface.

We were so disappointed when we arrived at this hotel that I informed our package tour organisers of this. After they spoke to the hotel staff, the manager came to speak with us. The manager was the only saving grace as he was very polite, apologised and offered us a free upgrade even to the suite. So I saw the variations of rooms available but unfortunately I still wasn't impressed and politely declined.

The garden area is nice and offers a view of the water with the Chinese fishing nets and the sunset view is nice. However there are electrical pylons that ruin it somewhat (obviously they can't do anything about that) and when you get closer to the fence you notice the rubbish that's there (they should make more of an effort to clear this I think). There are also A LOT of mosquitos outside and inside! They need to make more of effort to get plug ins and such to keep them away.

After an upsetting stay we decided we'd sit at the end of the day with a glass of wine, yes it's a plus that they serve alcohol but my 60ml glass (it was either that or a bottle) of red wine was fridge cold. Upon paying our bill at check out they did deduct the cost of our drinks though so that was something.

On some websites I've seen this hotel be marked as having an "exceptional breakfast" but we were only offered toast and eggs so not sure what that is about. My toast had a hair on it and my coffee cup was dirty so I didn't touch either.

Bottom line is that you can get so much more for your money elsewhere if you are looking for a 4 star experience and if it's the authentic, cultural side of things you're after, you're better off doing a homestay.

I really don't like writing negative reviews but I am very well travelled and rely on reviews when I book places so I hope this review is useful to some.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Monica B
amalkrishnan, Owner at Heritage Methanam, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Ma'm,

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had faced in our property during your stay. Your comments and feed backs are very important to us and, thus, we have already taken corrective measures to improve our services, and special care is taken in the areas you had pointed out.

Kindly pardon the delay in responding.

Managing Director
Heritage Methanam

Reviewed 6 February 2017

Room was kept very clean, beautiful decor. Staff very friending and helpful. Excellent manager that ran a professional establishment. We had a great stay. The food was consistently excellent and the chef would let us try different dishes!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
amancochin, Manager at Heritage Methanam, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear Ms. Julie & Mr. Mountford,
Thank you so much for your excellent reveiw. We are greatly honoured to serve good people like you. Kindly , do come and stay with us on your next visit and please make it ASAP.
Thanks & Regards