Sonnetta Residency
US$ 66
US$ 95
US$ 75
  • Pool
Palm Grove Service Villa(Ernakulam)(Great Value!)
US$ 22
US$ 19
US$ 113
US$ 93
Agoda.com
All reviewsmr xavierprincess streetfort cochinwifi internetmini fridgehomely feelinghot waterhome staynice homestayhis teamguest houseair conplace to stayvery nice staytrain ticketsthe location is perfectrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2012

After a long flight from the UK we arrived here at 5am! We rang the doorbell and was welcomed in. as our room was not occupied we were able to settle in straight away and get some well needed sleep. The room was clean with the security of a safe (Free of Charge). This is a family run Home-stay and they were all extremely helpful and all spoke very good English. They organised our Houseboat Trip, which is well worth doing. This is in the centre of Fort Cochin near the Chinese Nets. Just around the corner is the Excel Bar, which is one of the only places we found to get an alcoholic drink in that area. We were unimpressed with the beach, but for just 4 rupees you can get a ferry over to Vilpyn Island and then you need to get a Rickshaw to Cherai Beach. Well worth doing! We did not try the food in the Sonnetta, but went across the road to the Vineyard and had a reasonably priced breakfast.

In summary if you want a reasonably priced room in Cochin then you need look no further than the Sonnetta residency. we would recommend this to our friends and if we venture this way again we will book in here!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed with the friendly and helpful folks at Sonnetta Residency for 5 nights. The room had two double beds with thick, comfortable mattresses and a spotless bathroom with a great shower. They assisted us in finding bicycles to rent and provided secure indoor storage for them. We had good Indian breakfast and "western" breakfast was also available. The room was quiet even though Sonnetta is located in the heart of the restaurant and shop district of Fort Cochin. The overhead fan worked well and cooled the room sufficiently that we didn't require any A/C. As a result our room rate was only 1000 rupees/night. (1300 with A/C).

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't on the street side for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I concur with other reviewers that this is a great place to stay.
The facilities, cleanliness and extra mile service you get here is outstanding.
HOWEVER, I booked my room through Agoda - and when I presented my voucher the owner said he wasn't prepared to honour it, because apparently Agoda don't pass on enough of the tariff to them.
The proprietor initially said I should contact Agoda and tell them that I cannot use my pre-paid voucher here, or would have to pay an additional cash amount to "make up the difference".
After a quick fire negotiation, and having to uncomfortably stand my ground he relented to say that I am the innocent party, but should contact them anyway and say that they have created a bad situation for their customers. It seemed ridiculous to pass on such a "burden" to guests who have booked in good faith.
He watched me send an email... and then it was fine.
I got the distinct impression that the next person who presents an Agoda voucher will get the same treatment, so be warned!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Sparkling clean and beautifully decorated. Prime location with restaurants and sights within walking distance. The friendly staff is knowledgeable and helpful. Price is actually much lower than other hotels on the same street even though more amenities are offered such as a refrigerator, WiFi, tea & coffee, AC, fluffy towels, etc. I have been staying here for 7 years because every effort is made to make you feel " at home."

Room Tip: there are rooms on the ground floor if stairs are a problem all rooms are quiet and dark at night
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The homestay is located in the heart of Fort Cochin. Although clean and relativly spacious they are overpriced. Cant really justify the price.

• Stayed: February 2012