All reviews jew town home stay fort kochi and mattancherry indian breakfast private bathroom non ac great homestay places of interest chinese fishing every morning basic amenities first floor walkable distance backwaters rickshaw yoga biennale
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had a very long day of traveling and I was looking forward to be in Cochin even if it was for only one night. I am an experienced traveler but I missed on that one. I had book the cheapest room $10 and when the owner showed it to me I asked for an update. It was kind of a hut on the rooftop no bathroom! The other room had a private bathroom a large bed and a fan. I paid another $10 for the room and if I wanted AC it was an extra but I don’t mind fan. He was supposed to clean the bathroom because the other person had just left but he never came. I didn’t have a blanket on the bed and no towel. I don’t know if it’s like that normally but I managed to cover myself with a shawl and dry with a small towel I carry around. I was leaving for Munnar the day after and he told me the bus for Munnar would pass at the corner of the street at 7:30 I got there at 7:00 until 7:50 and I only saw the airport bus so I took a tuk tuk to Ernakulam and took a bus there. The owner was very nice but I would not go back.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
adamshomestaycochin, Owner at Adams Wood House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

thank you for ur immediate review after checking out.

when people want to write something bad they immediately do it
and if they want to write something good it takes time and sometimes they dont even review us.

now coming back to your comments :

u had booked a room for rs. 375 from expedia which is 5 USD ( which was an offer price from expedia )
the room which u booked was eco frienldy hut with shared bath - listing clearly mentioned its not ensuite
so how will you get ensuite room when u book the cheapest room with shared bath.?

u get room for what u pay

u accepted that u got a bigger room with large glass windows paying Rs. 500 extra which is USD 7
but i dont understand why you always stick to USD 10 :)

once u checked in to the room you did not go out so we left the towels, toilet roll and soap outside the room
because u said u are tired from long journey and u need rest.

before giving the room we informed you everything and the bus timing to munnar which leaves at 7,30 from fort kochi.

if the bus got cancelled i cannot do anything - i am helpless
if its a private cab which i arrange you have the right to blame me.

at the beginning when i offered u cab u said its expensive and u like to take the public bus for less price.

all our rooms have 2 sheets. 1 bottom sheet and 1 top sheet which guest use to cover at night.
it was neatly tucked into bed.

our place is good for frienldy and easy going guest. other guest reviews says that.

we know very well nobody can make every customer happy.
but we are trying hard to keep everyone happy and comfortable.

once again i remind you. you will get rooms for what you pay
dont expect more facilities when you pay just rs. 375 for a night.
even a bunk bed in kochi will cost more than rs. 500

Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Good Indian breakfast every morning! Firoz is always available for advices, I did backwaters, and yoga every morning with a so great guru! 30mn walking from the Chinese fishing net points. Negative points are low wifi and muslim calls very early in the morning..

Reviewed 27 December 2018 via mobile

Adams Wood House is relaxed and down to earth. He is a great host, sharing knowledge of trips, places to eat and yoga classes (which are brilliant). It is situated very near to Fort kotchi which has lovely seafood restaurants and a beach. I can't wait to return when the Ayurvedic hut is finished. Good for travellers, backpackers or people who want to rest.
Daniel

Reviewed 17 December 2018 via mobile

We booked Adams wood house for a night and our bus arrived at 4 am in Cochin. We called Adam before our arrival to ask if it's possible to stay at his house. He invited us in his house an we could stay there till we could check in. Our room was really big with huge windows, we did not expect this at all. It was a nice positive surprise. Also the style is really modern and European. Our room and the bed were clean. Adam himself is really friendly and he gave us a few good advicea. We would definitely recommend to go there.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2018 via mobile

The home stay is in a cozy neighbourhood with easy access to Fort Kochi and Mattancherry. Very clean and comfortable rooms with a nice terrace area. The host was very polite and helpful to us too. All in all it is a pleasant experience to stay at Adams homestay!

Trip type: Travelled with friends