Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$31
Agoda.com$31
Tripadvisor$31
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 April 2019

A very beautiful and calm place to re-energize yourself. Damodar is very helpful, calm and such a jolly person. And those two dogs, lovely. I had been there sometime back and I can still cherish the whole stay over there.

Overall, beautiful place,beautiful people and lovely dogs...

Do try their "NeerDosa", it was scrumptious :)

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2019 via mobile

I just left Urban Retreat Pilikula Mangalore after 5 nights stay and I am unable to reconcile whether it is a fantasy or reality..as we walked in, the positive energy and green environment is soothing and calming..we step in and what one experiences is class, taste and an unique ambience smiling and welcoming you into their home..the caretaker is a young gentleman Damodar Shetty and gradually we learn that he is Hospitality Unlimited..a person excellent in multitasking, has a positive attitude towards each requirement, very knowledgeable and well informed..the first meal was lunch and we are introduced to Akka, a lady who cooks from the heart and steals your soul..the simplest of dishes to the fancy ones and with absolute conviction I state that the chefs are fortunate that Akka does not compete in the Masterchef.. I have traveled quite a bit and never have I been more satisfied with this kind of hospitality from a team of two individuals, thoroughbred professionals, evolved human beings with unmatchable qualities of integrity, empathy, compassion and humility.. I also compliment the owners for enabling and empowering these two to perform in their areas of responsibility with initiative, confidence and trust..we have booked ourselves for next year as this is the best stay we have ever had anywhere in the World.. Thank you Akka, Thank you Damodar, Thank you Urban Retreat

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

The homestay is located in a post locality very close to Pilukula Nisargadhama, which is easily one of the best places to visit in Mangalore.

The caretaker Damodar is one of the most humble and hospitable guys I have seen, and very smart too. He took very good care of us and made us feel very comfortable and at home. The cook here was also great and she made amazing food everyday for a very minimal charge. Really enjoyed the hospitality and the great food here.

The homestay is a tastefully made bungalow with a large frontyard with lot of greenery. Our room on the first floor was nice and clean, and air conditioned with a TV and some storage too. There is a large hall on the ground floor which we would use like our own living room, and spent time there. There are multiple sitouts where you could sit and have your tea, or meal as you wish. We were the only ones during our stay and had the entire bungalow to our selves. And can't forget the labrador dogs, my daughter loved playing with. We had an enjoyable stay. Thanks to Damodar!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2017

A great place to realx and unwind. I was travelling with my 2 yr old babies. The property is very neat and clean. Good service by caretaker Jagadish. We were leaving at 6.30 am in the morning to the airport. He arranged for Taxi for us. We were served yummy neer dosas at 6.00 am. Dinner was ordered from Pilicula Gold club. Good food at very economical price. Flip side - There were no soaps kept in the toilets. Shampoo and conditioner were there. I didn't bother to ask Jagadish for the soap as I was carrying my own brand of body wash. I would strongly recommend this property. It is about 25 mnt drive from Airport and 25mnt drive to Mangalore Central Railway station.

Room tip: Please ask for rooms in the ground floor. Rooms in the top floor are a bit smaller.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2016

We really enjoyed our stay at Urban Retreat. The bedroom is clean, QUIET, air conditioned or fanned with opening windows. Everything works very well. The dogs were fun and the staff were really lovely. There are lots of fan cooled verandas to sit and relax.
My husband said that the breakfast was the best in our two months in India.
It’s on the outskirts of Mangalore and not that far to the airport.

Date of stay: November 2016