During the 2012 Mahindra Monsoon Rally, we were put up at the Goldfinch in Mangalore. Getting to the hotel is not really easy - do not rely on Google Maps : they were taking us somewhere else!
The hotel is on a rather busy road with lot of traffic and those deadly Mangalore buses!
Once we got it, the small parking meant that the hotel staff told us to park out, in the Woodland hotel's parking. They also refused to let the valet park the vehicle stating that there was too much occupancy today - what the..?
Check-in was smooth and the room pretty good for the price of the hotel. We had dinner at the hotel itself which was at the bar's balcony : food was average, nothing great - ditto for the breakfast the next day. Check out was messy - the front office staff were busy attending the phones and not concerned about the customer standing at the counter for checking out!
And yes, I had to go fetch my vehicle myself from Woodland hotel's parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goldfinch Mangalore is a true boutique hotel and the first of its class in Mangalore. Perched in the heart of the city, this 56 room luxury hotel meets all the standards as well as the facilities and amenities that guests can expect from a pioneering luxury boutique hotel. Walk in to savor a new world of hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ClearTrip, Expedia, Yatra, Hotels.com and TravelGuru so you can book your Goldfinch Mangalore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldfinch Hotel Mangalore
- Goldfinch Mangalore Karnataka