Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bison jeep ride flora and fauna coffee drying the cottages estate drive western ghats self guided trails incredible hosts blue trail coffee plantation early morning degree view coffee tasting his knowledge warm hospitality amazing weekend
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

This is probably the second review that I have written since I created an account on TripAdvisor (which was some years back) , so that in itself speaks volumes about how great our trip was.

Ajoy by far is the most hospitable host I have ever across and the methodical manner in which he had organised our trip made me ask him twice if he was an ex-army man.

The jeep ride around the estate, an early morning trek followed by barbecue later in the evening were much needed deviations from my everyday routine which mostly has me staring at laptop. ( I do hope my boss doesn't read this)

Kerehaklu is a great way to get a break from the hustle and bustle of city life and admire the beauty of "Prakriti" :P. The cottages are comfortable,cosy and well maintained and the food served is also quite appealing to the taste buds. I'd probably plan another trip to Chikmanglur just so that I can stay here again!

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank prakritipathania
AjoyT, Owner at Kerehaklu, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Thank you very much for taking so much of trouble to send your review, which we sincerely appreciate! We are very happy to note that we have lived up to your expectations and for you to consider visiting us again sometime in the future, which we will look forward to. With our very best wishes for a wonderful 2017!

Reviewed 3 January 2017

I was here with my wife and my kid for 2 days and we had a great time indeed! The place is completely covered with greenery. The coffee trails (5 of them with varying difficulty levels) were a joy to walk, the thick cover of greenery ensures you are always in cool shade. Also the "guided tour" of the place on a open jeep by the Ajoy is quite an experience.

The stay which is actually in a wooden cottage was quite neat - all amenities that you'd expect in a classy stay were there. If I have to be really nit-picky then would say the bed made a little bit of noise.

The hospitaility was excellent and things were always there even before we could ask for it. Food was quite sumptuous and the cook was kind to prepare some non-spicy stuff for my kid. The owner (Ajoy) personally prepared some juicy barbecue too!

I would highly recommend this place to everyone. Go lose yourself ;-)

AjoyT, Owner at Kerehaklu, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

We thank you for sending in the review of your stay here with us and we indeed very happy to note that you had a pleasant stay. The remarks made by you are really appreciated. Our very best wishes to you and your family! Have a wonderful 2017!

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We stayed at Kerehaklu in mid December. The cottages are in the midst of a coffee plantation and feel like a jungle lodge. We loved that we had no mobile or internet connectivity during our 4 night stay. That really helped us to unwind , relax and spend quality time together as a family. The evening bonfires were a cherry on the cake.
There are 6 trails within the property. We did 4 of them and they were quite exciting and fun for our kids. We were lucky to spot a wild boar on one of the morning treks. The trails are well marked but it takes time to spot the markings. It would be helpful to have a picture of the trail marking available in the cottage, so that we know what to look for.
Food was great and the cook was nice enough to cater to some of our diet restrictions.
The cottages are small but clean , cozy and comfortable.
Mr Ajoy was a great host. He made our stay very memorable by sharing stories and information about the estate , the wild life and about the place in general.
We would definitely recommend the place to anyone who loves spending time with nature and looking for a break from the everyday hectic schedule.

AjoyT, Owner at Kerehaklu, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Many thanks for the review that you have made on your visit here at Kerehaklu and the kind sentiments that you have expressed therein! We have already incorporated one of your suggestions as far as the trail markers were concerned and we have no doubt, it will help other future guests. We thank you for choosing to stay at Kerehaklu and we are glad to note that you enjoyed your stay here with us. With our very best wishes to all of you for a wonderful 2017!

Reviewed 27 December 2016

If you are like us, looking for a a peaceful couple of days, away from the hustle and bustle of city life, then trust me you will find your heaven at Kerehaklu. Soak up your senses in what is called pure tranquility and enjoy nature at its best - among green coffee trails, hundreds of chirping birds and 100% fresh air.

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend stay in the cutest little log cottages maintained to perfection by the owner and host Mr. Ajoy. He makes your stay all the more memorable because of his warm hospitality. He accompanied us on our walks and took us on an open jeep ride through the estate sharing interesting insights and episodes related to coffee, and life around it. He is an amazing guy to know!

The food was excellent and we hogged :)

Overall, one of the most memorable and pleasant holiday of our lives. Look forward to our next trip to Kerehaklu already!!

AjoyT, Owner at Kerehaklu, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Thank you very much for the very kind sentiments that you have expressed. We are really glad to note that you enjoyed your stay here with us and we look forward to having you all here once again. Our best wishes to all of you for a Happy New Year!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

The resort is very well kept and the cottages are clean.
An ideal place to de-stress and relax far from the maddening city life.
The food offered was simple and tasty.Be sure to taste their coffee.
All in all a wonderful experience.We will surely visit again :)

Room tip: All the cottages are good.
Date of stay: October 2016